Exciting! Hario Cold Brew Coffee Jug

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
1st-line
Sponsor

#1: Post by 1st-line »

Hi All,

We just received the Hario Cold Brew Coffee Jug. After several uses, I was quite satisfied with the quality in the cup. I do prefer darker roasts and a medium fine grind, which does have a little sediment in the bottom. However, cup quality was a thumbs up tasty.

What I really like is that I can prepare my cold brew at night and enjoy a great cup in the morning!
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by JohnB. »

Looks like my Hario Mitzudashi minus the handle. Any other differences?
LMWDP 267

yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

Looks like the Hario Mitzudashi has a nylon filter mesh supported by plastic and has a capacity of 600 ml for the 5 cup and 1000 ml for the 8 cup where the Hario Cold Brew Coffee Jug has a metal mesh filter and a stated capacity of 1000 ml; though the video shows brewing with 39 ounces of water and 80 grams of coffee.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by JohnB. »

yakster wrote:Looks like the Hario Mitzudashi has a nylon filter mesh supported by plastic and has a capacity of 600 ml for the 5 cup and 1000 ml for the 8 cup where the Hario Cold Brew Coffee Jug has a metal mesh filter and a stated capacity of 1000 ml; though the video shows brewing with 59 ounces of water and 80 grams of coffee.
80 grams of coffee is what I use but the 59 oz of water will never fit. The 1st Line video mentions around 39 oz & sounds about right. Looks like Hario has done away with the glass carafes & metal handles like my older Mitzudashi came with. Of course the current price is about half what I paid a few years ago. The Hario cold brewers do produce a nice cold brewed coffee. Drinking a cup right now.
LMWDP 267

yakster
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by yakster »

Yup, 59 was a typo, meant 39 which is 1153 ml, a bit above the stated capacity.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

1st-line (original poster)
Sponsor

#6: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

JohnB. wrote:80 grams of coffee is what I use but the 59 oz of water will never fit. The 1st Line video mentions around 39 oz & sounds about right. Looks like Hario has done away with the glass carafes & metal handles like my older Mitzudashi came with. Of course the current price is about half what I paid a few years ago. The Hario cold brewers do produce a nice cold brewed coffee. Drinking a cup right now.
Hario jug is made of glass as used in the video.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by JohnB. replying to 1st-line »

So there are 2 versions; one plastic that I see online for $18-$20 & one glass like the one in your video for $45?? They used to offer both versions of the Mitzudashi but I only see the plastic one now.
LMWDP 267

1st-line (original poster)
Sponsor

#8: Post by 1st-line (original poster) replying to JohnB. »

Personally, I do not like plastic.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC