Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine - Page 76

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#751: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Catalyzed urethane can turn your lungs into putty. Most wood finishes are not very good to be breathing. The old stuff was really bad, some of the new formulations are not bad.
Dave Stephens

Team HB

#752: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

More ironwood

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#753: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

New brush line for straightrazordesigns.com Wenge wood with 22mm finest badger knots. The wood is a bit of a pain to work but once you have them finished, they are nice. The contrast of the knot and symmetry of the bulb to body makes for a nice flowing line. The brush knots will bloom and open up after a few uses.

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#754: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Cocoboloo control set for a VBM espresso machine and a box jointed cocobolo knockbox.

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#755: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Cocobolo, Black Walnut and Red Oak box jointed espresso machine knock boxes. If you look close, you can see it best in the walnut, you will see the grain flows from side to side. Each box was cut from a single piece of wood and each side is from the mating side of the cut. If you unfolded the corners, it would be one continuous board again. These fit Rattleware knock boxes. The cocobolo one is spoken for but the other two are up for sale if anyone is interested in one.

Dave Stephens

FirstBetta

#756: Post by FirstBetta »

I absolutely love wood in all of its variety. But, Dave you are truly an artist in wood. All of the samples in the pictures are breathtaking. When I finally settle on a forever (?) machine I'll be getting back to you.

Team HB

#757: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Cocobolo parts. The grain in the tamper is quite unique.

Dave Stephens

brianl

#758: Post by brianl »

Did I read right that wood handles on the steam and hot water taps wouldn't be ideal on the vetrano machines? I have the joy sticks on mine if that makes a difference?

I am really jealous looking at all of these machines decked out.

iginfect

#759: Post by iginfect »

I've had wood handles on mine for several years w/o a problem. At one time I asked one of the techs at Chris Coffee about this and while I don't remember exactly what he said, the gist was it was okay.

Marvin

Boldjava

#760: Post by Boldjava »

brianl wrote:Did I read right that wood handles on the steam and hot water taps wouldn't be ideal on the vetrano machines? I have the joy sticks on mine if that makes a difference...
Bah. 6 years with them without an issue - steam and boiler, though CannonFodder encouraged me to use the OEM boiler cap and use the wood only when system is turned off. Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't.
-----
LMWDP #339