Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine - Page 27

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
AngerManagement

#261: Post by AngerManagement »

Excuse the poor phone quality, but you can get the idea.

Ability is nothing without opportunity. - Napoleon Bonaparte

cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#262: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

mavrick1903 wrote:Dave, I wonder if you wouldn't mind sharing the source for the tamper heads? I too am a wood worker, and while I would not be interested in production, nor would I dream of competing (your work is well above my own), as a fellow IT guy I like to make stuff and would like to make a tamper and PF handle for my Silvia.
If you are looking for the pistons (stainless steel portion) you can order them from RegBarber.com and espressoparts.com.
Dave Stephens

Team HB

#263: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Finished up a few more things. There is a set of Macassar ebony in the background, two portafilter handles, lever handle and steam knob in maple for an Elektra Leva and a very long muddler in a presentation grade curly maple with a Macassar Ebony cap. The muddler is still wet with the oil, it will get a nice satin sheen.

Dave Stephens

sideman7

#264: Post by sideman7 »

As someone mentioned before, the pieces look even nicer on the machine! Thanks Dave, beautiful work!

sideman7

#265: Post by sideman7 »

One more, with natural light only:

trollklint

#266: Post by trollklint »

I love my new handle! Thanks David !

Team HB

#267: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

I have had a lot of requests for ECM machines. Unfortunately they use a non compression, two part, screw in steam/water valve that most commercial machines use. I could not get the inserts but finally had someone willing to do sacrifice a set of controls. So we whacked them in half to get the brass inserts out. Then I did a lot of Forstner bit, drill press voodoo and made a set. The caps are are a friction fit to cover the face and are counter drilled to hollow out the backs, along with the back of the controls. I still have to put an O ring on the insert to hold them fast but there is the first set. He also wanted a more traditional shaped set of portafilter handles. The second set handles are for another order. All are in cocobolo.

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#268: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Some nice Ironwood burl for a VBM and a Macassar Ebony catch tray for a Nino grinder.

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#269: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

A pile of satin finished portafilter handles for a cafe. Black walnut and Bacote.

Dave Stephens

mhoy

#270: Post by mhoy »

cannonfodder wrote:Some nice Ironwood burl for a VBM and a Macassar Ebony catch tray for a Nino grinder.
There is something about these particular pictures that stand out from the others. Perhaps the light, camera, I don't know, something special.

Mark