Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine - Page 26

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Aaron

#251: Post by Aaron »

The coffee burl parts look even better in person! I am working on getting a picture of them in action.
“The powers of a man's mind are proportionate to the quantity of coffee he drinks” - James McKintosh

Aaron

#252: Post by Aaron »

A couple pics of the coffee burl pieces on my VBM Super. Sorry for the fuzziness, they were taken with my phone. The steam/water knobs are a little larger than the stock ones, which makes it easy to work with. The wood definitely has a nicer feel than the plastic and adds a unique touch. If you haven't ordered any wood parts yet, I definitely recommend it.
“The powers of a man's mind are proportionate to the quantity of coffee he drinks” - James McKintosh

cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#253: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Been a busy few days. There is full set for a Bezzera in kingwood, Elektra lever and a 25mm shell in cocobolo (shell will be a beer tap topper), Ironwood burl for an Elektra lever and bacote for a VBM.

Even made a new pipe and refurbished an old crusty estate pipe. The new one is on the left.

The last big push. I start a new job Monday
Dave Stephens

mhoy

#254: Post by mhoy »

cannonfodder wrote:Been a busy few days. There is full set for a Bezzera in kingwood, Elektra lever and a 25mm shell in cocobolo (shell will be a beer tap topper), Ironwood burl for an Elektra lever and bacote for a VBM.

The last big push. I start a new job Monday
As always, great looking pieces of art. Proud to have the on my Elektra. Good news about the new job. What will you be doing?

Mark

Team HB

#255: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Still in IT, systems engineer.
Dave Stephens

Clint Orchuk

#256: Post by Clint Orchuk »

If I have a portafilter that looks like this from an Astoria lever machine, can I just unscrew the brass rod and screw one of your handles in?

Thanks

Team HB

#257: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Yes. You can heat the portafilter head with a torch, or put it on a burner on your gas stove. They key is to get it rocket hot. That will break down the thread locker they use to hold the stud in the portafilter head. Then grab it with an oven mitt, put a wrench on the stud and twist. It should unscrew, just dont burn yourself. Drop me an email and we can discuss it. ineedespresso@sbcglobal.net
Dave Stephens

Team HB

#258: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Turned another muddler in birdseye with a cocobolo topper.

Dave Stephens

Aaron

#259: Post by Aaron »

That muddler would have been useful with our mojitos tonight :)

mavrick1903

#260: Post by mavrick1903 »

Dave, I wonder if you wouldn't mind sharing the source for the tamper heads? I too am a wood worker, and while I would not be interested in production, nor would I dream of competing (your work is well above my own), as a fellow IT guy I like to make stuff and would like to make a tamper and PF handle for my Silvia.