Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine - Page 196

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
johnsok77

#1951: Post by johnsok77 »

All the way from the USA to Belgium

The handles arrived and were promptly installed

Looks great, and so much more tactile than the stock handles

What drew my to Dave was his unique take on the paddle select.

Thank you so much!

cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#1952: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Purpleheart tamping station/tamper holder, portafilter, and flow control knob for an ECM Espresso machine.

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#1953: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

When I say handmade, I really mean handmade-milling mounting brackets for a La Spaziale.

https://www.facebook.com/10000406086490 ... 754238699/
Dave Stephens

Team HB

#1954: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Been working on this one for a few weeks.
  • La Spaziale espresso machine sides
    Tamping station with a double tamper/accessory holder
    Portafilter handle
    Reg Barber tamper handle
    Dosing funnel
All in Jacobean stain, Red Oak. Along with a 24mm Silvertip Badger curly/burly maple, 26mm Silvertip Badger Olive, and an ivory-topped curly red Nara 26mm high mountain white Silvertip Badger shaving brush.

Dave Stephens

Laisen46

#1955: Post by Laisen46 »

Hi Dave,

As a fairly new entusiast in this amazing field of espresso art I stumbled upon this great thread. Started from the first post you did in december of 2010.

I have to say, its been incredibly inspiring and a great joy of my night to read about your journey and see your amazing crafts since then.

All I could think about while I was on page 10-15, was that I HAD to check page 196 to see if you are stille doing this. I could not wait any longer and had to see if you are still posting and here we are, you posted 2 days ago and it made me genuinly happy. Happy that you didnt get tired of the obvious ramp in demand and orderes which at times seems to have keept you busy for months on end.

I know this is still true, but it really reasonated with me. When asked why you didnt change your 9-5 IT job for wood fulltime, you said this: "If I did it as a job it would not be as fun". The hobby didnt turn in to a job, and I admire that.

Thanks for making my day and have a great night.

Team HB

#1956: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Tamping station and accessory holder in Padauk for an Asso Jack Leveler: Kafatek dosing ring: Dosing cup: Tamper: Mr. Puff: WDT tool: RDT bottle: and 2 Cleaning Brushes. Very vibrant wood.

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#1957: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

KafaTek grinder dust cap in Amboyna burl. This one is going on an aftermarket 'puffer' which is just a bellows to blow out grinds. Since it will be a working top I turned it with a slightly domed top and rounded edges to make it more ergonomic. Basically, it is a big plunger top.

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#1958: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Olive wood portafilter and a KafaTek dust cap and a small grinds catch tray/bowl to sit on the grinder base. Worked out of nice. I may have to make another for myself to catch the occasional grinds drip from the discharge snout.

Dave Stephens

Goochie

#1959: Post by Goochie »

Got 3 handles from you a couple of years ago but unfortunately the finish is wearing off. Can you give any suggestions on how to repair this? What laquer did you use?

Team HB

#1960: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Could be from an occasional whack against a knock box. Soaking the portafilters in cleaner while the handles are attached can also cause a separation in the finish similar to that. Like a water ring on furniture from a cold glass on a summer day. Any number of things could cause it. Drop me an email.
Dave Stephens