Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine - Page 150

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
pastapastapasta

#1491: Post by pastapastapasta »

yoshiod9 wrote:Wow! That set up with all the new wood looks great! Love the Hoth mug, too, by the way. We're a Disney family and I have a few sets of the Disneyland/California Adventure demitasses and a few of the Starbucks mini mugs from Disneyland/California Adventure.
Thank you. :) I'm thrilled with how it all came together.

Nice, I can relate to you there! There are three mugs available in the Star Wars Been There series. Hoth, Bespin, and Dagobah. They are out of stock right now, but they occasionally come back in stock on the Shop Disney site -- totally worth it. Good quality mug, like the rest of "Been There" mugs. :) I went to Disney World in February, right before the pandemic started to hit hard, I'm regretting that I didn't buy the various collectible mugs while I was there.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#1492: Post by cannonfodder »

VBM Domobar Super custom portafilter handle, brew and steam/water controls in gloss cocobolo.

Dave Stephens

cannonfodder
Team HB

#1493: Post by cannonfodder »

Rocket espresso machine parts in gloss finish Cocobolo. Two portafilter handles and a steam/water/brew control set.

Dave Stephens

cannonfodder
Team HB

#1494: Post by cannonfodder »

Zebrawood lid for a Monolith grinder

Dave Stephens

cannonfodder
Team HB

#1495: Post by cannonfodder »

VBM parts and a hopper lid for a Baratza Sette grinder all in walnut with an oiled finish.

Dave Stephens

hollister

#1496: Post by hollister »

[quote="cannonfodder"]La Marzocco GS3 side panels, portafilter handles, steam control, and group cap in a satin-finished Bacote.

Thank you Dave. The parts just arrived and they look really wonderful.
Dave at its best. :-)

cannonfodder
Team HB

#1497: Post by cannonfodder »

Amboyna burl portafilter handle and a ball top short Reg Barber tamper handle in oiled walnut.

Dave Stephens

Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#1498: Post by Peppersass »

Beautiful, as always, Dave. Your woodcraft is unmatched.

Full disclosure: Dave made the Amboya burl PF handle for me about 10 years ago. After seven years or so, I noticed that about 3/4" of the handle at the PF end had lost its finish, mostly on one side. I was baffled as to how this had happened. I thought it might be heat from the group head. Then I happen to buy a used bottomless LM PF with a walnut handle, and the same thing happened, but it only took a couple of weeks. That was when I realized that the end of the handles had come into contact with Jo Glo espresso detergent I use to soak the PF head. It turns out that Jo Glo is a pretty effective finish stripper. In fact, I used Jo Glo to remove all the rest of the stain on the LM handle so I could refinish it.

The finish Dave used on the Amboya burl handle, however, was much more resistant to Jo Glo. It took quite a few years of detergent soaking to do the damage. As you can see, Dave refinished for me and it looks good as new. From here on, of course, I'll remove the handle from the PF head before soaking in Jo Glo!

The walnut tamper handle will go on a 41mm single Hai Pham convex tamper base that currently has a maple Reg Barber handle that doesn't match the many walnut accessories on and around my GS/3.
★ Helpful

DonCon
Supporter

#1499: Post by DonCon »

Evening All,

Great pics, appreciate everyone sharing.

@Dave - assuming you are still accepting new orders, is your prior email still good for us to get in your queue (ineedespresso@sbcglobal.net)?

Thanks
-Don

cannonfodder
Team HB

#1500: Post by cannonfodder » replying to DonCon »

Yes it is
Dave Stephens