Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine - Page 143

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
slybarman

#1421: Post by slybarman »

davidhunternyc wrote:Hello Dave,

I just discovered your beautiful work. I am in the process of choosing a new espresso machine and I am considering the Olympia Express Cremina. The Swiss build quality is terrific but the overall look as a bit too purpose driven. I do think, however, it would look stunning with your woodwork. Besides the handles do you make wood side paneling also? Have you ever worked on a Cremina? I would love to see some photos. Thanks.
Just FYI, you can search threads. Type Cremina into this box and your can see some examples of handles etc made for that machine. Not sure about side panels, but it's a place to start.

davidhunternyc

#1422: Post by davidhunternyc »

Thanks. I did that already. I would love to see Cremina's all decked out in wood. Not just the parts.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#1423: Post by cannonfodder »

Bunch of ironwood parts. Niche Zero base, feet, dosing cup holder for the grinder, portafilter funnel, stirring tool and cap for a Monolith grinder.

Dave Stephens

cannonfodder
Team HB

#1424: Post by cannonfodder »

davidhunternyc wrote:Thanks. I did that already. I would love to see Cremina's all decked out in wood. Not just the parts.
Problem is they are not my machines so I only see the completed machine if they post a picture. Have not made a case for a Cremina but probably could. However I would need the case off the machine as a pattern to reproduce it.

Here is one finished and there is another a couple pages back from this post.
Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine

Best way is to contact me with questions is to email me at ineedespresso@sbcglobal.net
Dave Stephens

mdmvrockford
Supporter ♡

#1425: Post by mdmvrockford »

davidhunternyc wrote:Thanks. I did that already. I would love to see Cremina's all decked out in wood. Not just the parts.
Here are two Creminas with parts installed; the Bloodwood is my son's (formerly my) Cremina and Dave made Bloodwood steamvalve knob too but it is not installed in picture.

If you get wood side panels made, IIRC this would be a first; please post. But would temperature from boiler be problem?

LMWDP #568

Jamesd12free

#1426: Post by Jamesd12free »

Hi Dave,

Wanted to say thanks for the handle and knob. I love my espresso machine even more.

Thanks!
James

cannonfodder
Team HB

#1427: Post by cannonfodder »

Rocket Giotto portafilter handles, steam/water/brew control set, Niche grinder feet, base, and portafilter holder all in gloss Cocobolo.

Dave Stephens

slybarman

#1428: Post by slybarman »

Jamesd12free wrote:Hi Dave,

Wanted to say thanks for the handle and knob. I love my espresso machine even more.

Thanks!
James
That burlwood is money.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#1429: Post by cannonfodder »

Dave Stephens

sideman7

#1430: Post by sideman7 »

Wow, the wood on that Niche Zero looks absolutely gorgeous... I may need to look into that. I've also replaced my Expobar you made handles for years ago... It may be time to get wood upgrades for my Duetto Evo...