Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine - Page 139

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#1381: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Curly BloodWood for an olympia cremina. Portafilter, lever and steam control.

Dave Stephens

Mark08859

#1382: Post by Mark08859 »

The work is stunning! The brew lever handle really finish the look with a flair.
Kaylee wrote:Thought I would post some images detailing the wonderful work Dave did in making some wood accents for my Espresso machine and accessories.
All of the items are Ironwood with most of them detailing wonderful burl. Of note we found that the QM Andreja Premium (purchased July 2019) has changed a few things WRT thread size and style on the portafilters and brew lever handles. You will see that I had Dave make me a fat and stubby brew lever handle, which works very well and compliments the portafilter.

Team HB

#1383: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Ironwood burl portafilter, lever and steam control for an Olympia Cremina.

Dave Stephens

MB

#1384: Post by MB »

WOW! I lkjd sdklj l;eskj [tries to gather himself to be able to type coherently]
LMWDP #472

Splanky

#1385: Post by Splanky »

cannonfodder wrote:Ironwood burl portafilter, lever and steam control for an Olympia Cremina.

There is an Olympia Cremina in Kansas City that can't wait for this delivery! Thank you David for your good communication, and amazing craftsmanship! After a couple conversations to discuss the look I was after, you ordered a wood and created this set to match the exact character, tone, and shape I had in mind! Photos installed will follow.

Thank you! Michael

mdmvrockford

#1386: Post by mdmvrockford »

cannonfodder wrote:Curly BloodWood for an olympia cremina. Portafilter, lever and steam control.

Here is that Bloodwood lever handle and portafilter handle installed on that customer's Cremina 1967 version.

In case others are on the fence, Dave Stephens "cannonfodder" has provided one of the best consumer customer service experiences ever (e.g. timely email replies and updates, the craftsmanship and beauty of the wood is NOT captured in the picture and fair pricing). In past 3 months I saw Dave's custom wood on another espresso machine of senior HB moderator and it left me asking "where do I send my money."

The only CON I can think of is the product does NOT arrive in Amazon Prime like speed. This is a custom made, highest quality wood product, manually made by a craftsman who is doing this woodwork as a side job/hobby. Dinner at Alinea (Chicago) or The French Laundry (Yountville, CA) (like Dave Stephens custom wood) are not served at Chick Fil A or Chipotle speed and efficiency (Amazon Prime typical products). If you appreciate The French Laundry then you'll appreciate Dave Stephens custom wood work.

Damn it Dave, now I want custom wood for my Quick Mill Alexia with PID. But seriously please do NOT take "want" as equivalent of "I am ordering your services" again. I *don't* have responsible funds and more importantly I do not have time right now.

P.S. My Cremina died ~15 days ago. Thanks to HB members whom I reached out to for advice. I tried everything recommended and still it is DOA. It appears I now need to retain services of the expert, Orphan Espresso Doug Garrott (?sp) .You usually get what you pay for. I will inquire about service price.
Dave's wood arrived couple days ago. At least Ms. 1967 Cremina looks gorgeous (see picture from this AM).

LMWDP #568

Team HB

#1387: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

I hope you get it going. I have used a few of them and did a review on them. They are built like tanks and do not go down very often. Did the steam control fit? FYI if you are going to box/ship the machine for service I would hold off putting the steam control on. The center caps fit tight and can be difficult to get off. Best to get it going then put the parts on once. The portafilter and lever handles can simply unscrewed and the stock put back on for shipping.
Dave Stephens

Team HB

#1388: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Standard Ironwood for a Decent Espresso DE1 and a coffee grounds stir tool turned in ironwood, heading off to the UAE.

Dave Stephens

Cortado_Papi

#1389: Post by Cortado_Papi »

Hello, this is AMAZING! truly a thing of beauty!! I was wondering if you can send me dimensions on how this was all completed? I recently purchased the A53 direct plumb with the plastic sides because I figured I can make the wooden sides myself. If you want to DM me or we can speak via email. Either way look forward to hearing from you!

Team HB

#1390: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Gabon ebony in a satin finish for Decent DE1 espresso machine portafilter handles and group head handle.

Dave Stephens