Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine - Page 131

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
3cordcreations

#1301: Post by 3cordcreations » Sep 13, 2019, 9:12 pm

cannonfodder wrote:Profitec Pro 800 lever espresso machine lever handle, portafilter handle, steam/water controls and a tamping station all in Macassar Ebony.

Good news. You do make the acc for Pro 800! I will keep this in mind.
A three cord strand is not easily broken...

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#1302: Post by RockyIII » Sep 14, 2019, 2:55 pm

GC7 wrote:I am a big fan of Dave's work. I had a QM Anita with Amboyna Burl handles and portafilter. The handles are not compatible with my new QM67 double boiler so I had Dave make steam and hot water knobs out of Figured Narra which is the same tree as the burl. I kept the portafilter. They are beautiful. Here are photos including my Narra Handle on a Reg Barber tamper and just for show, the Ironwood scales on a Wade and Butcher straight Razor.
Wow, the burl handle is especially beautiful. Even though it has been some decades since I smoked pipes, my brain recalled the aroma of toasted Cavendish pipe tobacco the moment I saw the photo. Interesting.

Rocky

cannonfodder
Team HB

#1303: Post by cannonfodder » Sep 15, 2019, 10:59 am

Cocobolo plug for the grinding neck of a Macap M7D coffee grinder. Goes inside the hopper neck so you can single dose coffee and have positive back pressure for the coffee feed into the burr set.

Dave Stephens

dantyvogel

#1304: Post by dantyvogel » Sep 16, 2019, 7:38 am

Dave, that's some nice work! Do you do LMLM handles by chance?

cannonfodder
Team HB

#1305: Post by cannonfodder » replying to dantyvogel » Sep 16, 2019, 11:07 pm

Sure. just drop me an email, ineedespresso@sbcglobal.net
Dave Stephens

Chris Nias

#1306: Post by Chris Nias » Yesterday, 12:12 pm

Yanfengl wrote:imageimageimageimage

Dave made this for me in November for my bezzera strega. It took me ages to get down to changing them up, and even more effort to get the stock handles off because of damn threadlock.

But, ... they look beautiful. Thanks again Dave!
Your custom handle and knob nice... Btw what thermometer do you attach in cylinder? What for?

Mark08859

#1307: Post by Mark08859 » Yesterday, 1:55 pm

Looks fantastic! Gratz.

cannonfodder
Team HB

#1308: Post by cannonfodder » Yesterday, 4:33 pm

Had a request for some Decent Espresso DE1 machine handles but a request to match the floors in their kitchen. Did a compound stain with ebony to darken the grain and sanded off then gray stain hand rubbed to lighten it in spots to allow the brown/grain of the wood show through then a catalyzed satin urethane finish to seal it. Pretty close in my opinion.

Dave Stephens