Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine - Page 128

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#1271: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

La Marzocco GS3 espresso machine parts. Side panels and group cap made from Wenge wood. The owner wanted contrasting portafilter handles and steam control turned from Macassar Ebony. It will look nice once they are installed on the machine.

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#1272: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Cocobolo portafilter and machine handles for a Decent Espresso DE1 machine. Had quite a few requests for these.

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#1273: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Lyn Weber commercial bean cellar caddie in cherry.

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#1274: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Couple coffee stirrers in cocobolo. The hard part is turning the toothpick diameter ends without breaking them. finish is thin compound Cyanoacrylate, super glue.

Dave Stephens

jpsm

#1275: Post by jpsm »

The details on the group cap of the wenge wood for gs3 looks awesome! How much did you charge for that whole set? hope you can shoot me a pm :)

Coldstone

#1276: Post by Coldstone »

TimEggers wrote:Curious what you guys who have these handles think of them as you see them in person and hold them? How do they compare in tactile feel to standard portafilter handles? (I've never used or held a wooden handle)

And Dave what's the possibility of replicating the contour of the rubberized LM portafilter handle (I like Jim S.'s Kingwood myself :wink: )? Now that would be sexy...
It feels amazing reminds me of a wood steering wheel I had on my Mercedes, you will never want to touch plastic again

Team HB

#1277: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Group caps, steam/water controls and brew lever controls in walnut for a Kees van der Westen Spirit and Speedster. There is some nice curling in a couple of the Walnut caps.These are headed off to Taiwan.

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#1278: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

jpsm wrote:The details on the group cap of the wenge wood for gs3 looks awesome! How much did you charge for that whole set? hope you can shoot me a pm :)
Drop me an email. ineedespresso@sbcglobal.net
Dave Stephens

grover

#1279: Post by grover »

I also sent you an email regarding some GS3 work the other day. I didn't know you did side panels as well.

Team HB

#1280: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Cherry portafilter and machine handles for Decent DE1 espresso machine.

Dave Stephens