Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine - Page 124

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
cannonfodder
Team HB

Postby cannonfodder » Feb 26, 2019, 5:05 pm

Macassar Ebony for an Elektra Micro Casa Leva espresso machine. Portafilter, lever, tamper and steam control with an obvious gloss finish.

Dave Stephens

cannonfodder
Team HB

Postby cannonfodder » Feb 26, 2019, 5:11 pm

Mark08859 wrote:Is there something that needs to be different for cork? Are the tools different; or the speed of the lathe itself? Or is extra caution needed due to the delicacy of the material? Thanks!

Cork is almost like turning balsa. Very fragile, easy to tare out and takes sharp tools and a lower spindle speed. That one has the added difficulty of rubberized cork rings intermixed with natural cork. The rubberized cork is much harder and spongy because of the rubber. While that makes it very durable which is why I used it at the nose and foot of the handle it is quite difficult to turn or drill. Even when sanding the cork will cut down very quick and the rubber cork will not move so you end up with cupped sections, rubber, cork, rubber, cork --u--u--u-. I used fine files and roughing gouges then thin abrasive strips to sand each part individual blending them together in the end.
Dave Stephens

cannonfodder
Team HB

Postby cannonfodder » Mar 02, 2019, 12:13 pm

Tamper handle made by someone else that did not stand the test of time. I was asked if I could repair/refinish it. When I received it, it looked like it was finished with mud, poorly turned, rough and cracked. So I re worked it, repaired it, and refinished it. Now it will last. Redwood burl by the way.

Dave Stephens

cannonfodder
Team HB

Postby cannonfodder » Mar 02, 2019, 12:20 pm

Portafilter Holder For Niche Zero espresso grinder that will also double as a tamping station. The holder has to sit right up against the grinder body so it has to be thin. That gives it a small base and will make it unstable and prone to tipping over. Not something you want to happen. The little duck bill base will stabilize it and keep that from happening. White oak with an oiled finish.

Dave Stephens

Fluffeepuff

Postby Fluffeepuff » Mar 03, 2019, 8:35 pm

cannonfodder wrote:Another walnut holder for Lynn Weber commercial bean cellars.

<image>

Sent you a pm asking for a quote!
<*>---<

Jake_G
Team HB

Postby Jake_G » replying to Fluffeepuff » Mar 04, 2019, 1:32 am

Send him an email, instead.

Cheers!

-Jake

cannonfodder
Team HB

Postby cannonfodder » Mar 04, 2019, 9:08 pm

Had a request for a steam/water control assembly, portafilter handle and tamper handle for a Forenzato Bricoletta espresso machine restoration. Parts are in Wenge wood with a gloss finish.

Dave Stephens

Fluffeepuff

Postby Fluffeepuff » Mar 04, 2019, 11:26 pm

Jake_G wrote:Send him an email, instead.

Cheers!

-Jake

Turns out there isn't an obvious way to do that from mobile (which is usually how I peruse HB).
<*>---<

cannonfodder
Team HB

Postby cannonfodder » replying to Fluffeepuff » Mar 04, 2019, 11:48 pm

The little contact bubble at the end of my profile will open an email option. My email is ineedespresso (at) sbcglobal.net
Dave Stephens

cannonfodder
Team HB

Postby cannonfodder » Mar 06, 2019, 2:56 pm

Portaflter, steam, water and brew controls for a gen one Anita espresso machine, walnut wood.

Dave Stephens