Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine - Page 122

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Coffee.Bike

Postby Coffee.Bike » Jan 13, 2019, 5:19 pm

Love my set, here it is on the rocket - David, you are awesome!

tigerstripe

Postby tigerstripe » Jan 22, 2019, 1:12 pm

cannonfodder wrote:Cocobolo, got to love that wood. Just wish the price would stop going up and up on it. Cocobolo wood stock has gone up nearly 100% in the past 3 years.

To me the grain looks like a shot from a bottomless portafilter. I'm looking forward to my cocobolo set!
<image>

<image>

cannonfodder
Team HB

Postby cannonfodder » Jan 22, 2019, 8:23 pm

Black walnut for a Quickmill espresso machine. The portafilter has a bit of curly figure in it. Steam/water controls have friction fit walnut caps instead of the plastic chrome ones the factory uses.

Dave Stephens

cannonfodder
Team HB

Postby cannonfodder » Jan 22, 2019, 10:34 pm

Finished. Boring Company Not A Flamethrower wall display mount. There is a large french cleat mount on the back and drilled/recessed for standard wall stud width and a reinforcing oak strip to strengthen everything. The french cleat is also red oak. You could hang a hundred pounds off of it. One of a kind. Holds a real rifle nicely as well. Took a lot longer to make than anticipated.

Dave Stephens

cannonfodder
Team HB

Postby cannonfodder » Jan 29, 2019, 9:19 pm

That is a bit block of oak. Inch and half thick and a foot long, it is a holder for some Lynn Weber bean cellar's (actually an aftermarket that resembles them) and a dosing funnel.

Dave Stephens

cannonfodder
Team HB

Postby cannonfodder » Jan 29, 2019, 9:20 pm

Macassar Ebony stir stick. Careful kid or you'll put your eye out

Dave Stephens

cannonfodder
Team HB

Postby cannonfodder » Jan 29, 2019, 9:21 pm

Cocobolo portafilter handles in the Slayer style and steam, water, brew control joysticks slightly oversize for a Vetrano espresso machine.

Dave Stephens

tigerstripe

Postby tigerstripe » Feb 01, 2019, 5:35 pm

Image[quote="cannonfodder"]Cocobolo portafilter handles in the Slayer style and steam, water, brew control joysticks slightly oversize for a Vetrano espresso vetrano.

Dave is an artist. These are sooooooo nice in person.

Madman13

Postby Madman13 » Feb 03, 2019, 3:31 pm

Dave made a wenge cap to my specifications for my Kinu m68 to match my Londinium R, wenge LevTamp, and my incoming (in May) Monolith Flat with wenge Cap. He was very easy to work with and did a great job! It really ties together the grinder with the Londinium.

mckolit

Postby mckolit » Feb 08, 2019, 11:57 pm

Parts installed. Walnut with satin oil finish. They look great. Thanks Dave!

In natural light