Custom Wood for your Espresso Machine - Page 115

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
dragoic1
Supporter ♡

#1141: Post by dragoic1 »

this Pavoni looks awesome !!!!!!

cannonfodder (original poster)
Team HB

#1142: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

My day job has been quite hectic not leaving much wood working time. Truned a few parts in Bacote for Chris Coffee.

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#1143: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Few Walnut parts. Tamping station, portafilter handles, Mazzer doser lid, grind adjustment ring handle, timer control and handle for a tamper piston that is used as a weight for the grind chamber.

Dave Stephens

Team HB

#1144: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Some Cocobolo for a lucky vintage LaPavone and a little mini sized tamper handle to match.

Dave Stephens

Mark08859

#1145: Post by Mark08859 »

The cocobolo looks amazing. I noticed most of your work doesn't have a high gloss finish (at least based on the photos). Is a "shellac-like" finish bad for the wood or is it more of a personal preference? You mention oil finishes frequently. I would think something along the lines of a urethane would be more protective. Do different woods react differently?

brentonnn

#1146: Post by brentonnn replying to Mark08859 »

There are quite a few in Gloss finish, if you scan through the pages or search for a specific type of wood at the search section in this post. The Cocobolo gloss should look something like this This was taken from one of the photos in this post.

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#1147: Post by emradguy »

Dave,

I'm sure you don't remember every set you make for every person, but I've got a gorgeous bubinga set for my Alec Duetto you made several years ago. You also made me a matching dosing funnel. I recently bought a decent funnel and really love how it sits on the edge of the pf and top of the basket rim, rather than having a component that drops inside the basket. The decent design allows one of WDT, and then drop in the tamper nice and straight, preventing edge channeling without additional effort. If you'd be amenable, I'd love to request a bubinga copy of their design...to match my knobs, pf handle and E61 lever. Let me know, and I'd be happy to shoot you an email so we can work it out offline.

Thanks,

Ron
LMWDP #748

Team HB

#1148: Post by cannonfodder (original poster) »

Portafilter, brew lever and steam/water controls for a ECM Synchronika in walnut.

Dave Stephens

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#1149: Post by RockyIII »

Dave,

Your beautifully crafted wooden handles, knobs, etc. never cease to impress and amaze me.

Rocky

KleinBarista

#1150: Post by KleinBarista »

Installed! Love the custom shape on the joysticks