Craig Lyn Design Studio

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Craig Lyn
Sponsor

Postby Craig Lyn » Jan 31, 2019, 4:46 pm

Hi HB!

It's been a while since I've posted here and I wanted to share some news with everyone. Douglas and I have decided to follow different paths an you'll be seeing some very cool things coming shortly on both fronts. In the meantime the HG-1 Hand Grinder, Blind Shaker, Tumbler and Bean Cellars are back for sale again and ready to ship.

International orders will take a couple of days to get out the door since we're just finalizing our DHL rates. Otherwise domestic orders can be dispatched asap.

You can now find all of your favorite tools for sale at:

http://craiglyn.com

We're still working out some of the kinks in the new store so please be patient while we iron out the inevitable bugs.

In the meantime if you have any questions, please give a shout.

kind regards,

Craig

Cnthinkoname

Postby Cnthinkoname » Jan 31, 2019, 5:31 pm

Are you still planning on selling the glass bean cellars?

Good luck on the new chapter, excited to see what the future holds.

Craig Lyn
Sponsor

Postby Craig Lyn » Jan 31, 2019, 6:01 pm

Thanks for the kind words!

No plans for the glass in the near future. The plastic ones do work a treat though and they're a lot tougher :)

mivanitsky
Supporter ♡

Postby mivanitsky » Jan 31, 2019, 6:01 pm

Hi Craig, and welcome back.

I have a question. Is it possible to replace the Braille-coded adjustment ring from the 2014 HG1 with the current one? If so, how much would the part cost? It is truly the only thing I dislike about that grinder, which I plan to forever keep.

Thanks,

Mike

Craig Lyn
Sponsor

Postby Craig Lyn » Jan 31, 2019, 8:47 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the message. So glad to hear that your HG1 is still treating you well.

Why don't you reach out to me here https://craiglyn.com/support/contact/ and I'll see what I can find in storage.

BTW I'm still using my Braille coded one!

Craig

Iowa_Boy

Postby Iowa_Boy » Jan 31, 2019, 8:54 pm

Craig Lyn wrote:Thanks for the kind words!

No plans for the glass in the near future. The plastic ones do work a treat though and they're a lot tougher :)

I am interested in opening a bag of coffee, putting the coffee into the plastic/commercial bean cellars, and then storing the plastic bean cellars in the freezer. Are they OK to use that way?

JZY

Postby JZY » Jan 31, 2019, 9:04 pm

Still daily using my original HG1 with 1990 Cremina...Cheers!

developernotes

Postby developernotes » Jan 31, 2019, 9:11 pm

Hi Craig,

In case you're keeping track, count me in as being interested in the glass bean cellars as well. Best of luck!

Craig Lyn
Sponsor

Postby Craig Lyn » Jan 31, 2019, 9:41 pm

Iowa_Boy wrote:I am interested in opening a bag of coffee, putting the coffee into the plastic/commercial bean cellars, and then storing the plastic bean cellars in the freezer. Are they OK to use that way?

They should be okay in the freezer. I'd recommend that you use a little bit of mineral oil on the o-rings to keep them lubed. Just use a light wipe and you should be okay.

chipman

Postby chipman » Jan 31, 2019, 9:45 pm

developernotes wrote:Hi Craig,

In case you're keeping track, count me in as being interested in the glass bean cellars as well. Best of luck!

I have both the glass and the plastic tubes. While the glass ones obviously look better, in real life they are a bit of a pain. The smaller tubes can barely fit 18gm while their plastic counterpart comfortably fits 24gm or more. They are also much more fragile. At first I was a little put out that the glass tubes weren't available, but now I am very satisfied with the plastic, and don't even use the 11 glass tubes (I broke one) I have left.