Craig Lyn Design Studio - Page 5

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
guydebord

Postby guydebord » Feb 07, 2019, 12:15 am

Craig Lyn wrote:Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reminder. The drawings are over on the website right here: https://craiglyn.com/2019/02/06/bean-cellar-wooden-caddy/

Many thanks! Craig. I will give these drawings a material life 8)

michael

Postby michael » Feb 07, 2019, 12:49 am

Iowa_Boy wrote:So close to ordering the Bean Cellars, but haven't been able to pull the trigger as shipping costs are high.
For those that have them, any comments or feedback to put me over the edge?
Was thinking about getting 2 dozen.

I've been using them for over a year with my monolith; like them and they dont break when I drop them on the stone floor; had my friend the woodworker make me a six pack mahogany caddy 8)

alucard

Postby alucard » Feb 09, 2019, 11:32 pm

Hi HB,
Did you guys get a tracking number with your order? And if you didn't how long it took with USPS priority to get the order delivered after the status changed to complete? I'm asking so I can try to be at home the day of the delivery

Thanks.

chipman

Postby chipman » Feb 10, 2019, 12:12 am

Every time I ordered from LW I got a tracking #. I was notified when it first got a shipping label.

Cnthinkoname

Postby Cnthinkoname » Feb 10, 2019, 1:02 am

alucard wrote:Hi HB,
Did you guys get a tracking number with your order? And if you didn't how long it took with USPS priority to get the order delivered after the status changed to complete? I'm asking so I can try to be at home the day of the delivery

Thanks.

I didn't get one from CLD. I'll update when I get the package in, although your results may vary based on location so it might be better to contact him.

Craig Lyn
Sponsor

Postby Craig Lyn » Feb 10, 2019, 12:52 pm

chipman wrote:Every time I ordered from LW I got a tracking #. I was notified when it first got a shipping label.

Hi Guys,

Sorry about that. Everyone's account has been updated with tracking numbers. I won't bore you all with the details but the system wasn't automatically updating correctly. That being said, you can check your tracking numbers here:

https://craiglyn.com/support/order-tracking/

Please ignore the ship date and go by the tracking number.

Sorry about the hassle guys.

Craig

Ganymede

Postby Ganymede » Feb 10, 2019, 1:24 pm

Hi, Craig,

I love the gear you make, and I can't wait to see how your solo venture develops!

I tried to fill out the contact form on your website just now, but the pop-up invitation to join the mailing list won't close once it's opened - the X button doesn't seem to respond, regardless of the browser. (JavaScript problem somewhere, maybe?)

My lady gifted me a Blind Shaker after she got sick of my constant complaining about how clumping and uneven distribution affected shots. The shaker is a beautiful-looking tool, but I find I can't seem to make it do its job, and there's a real dearth of tutorial information on the web. The twirling lift movement of the bottom piece, which I gather is intended to deliver grinds in an even fall into the pf, lacks a thorough online explanation - so too how you deal with the significant amount of grinds that stick to the inner surfaces.When I tried, I ended up with mountains and valleys in the pf, which I had to stir (a la WDT) anyway. I feel bad using the Blind Shaker wall simply as a dosing funnel/wall for my paper-clip grounds stir. May I suggest, then, that a video or description more thorough (and idiot-oriented) than the original quick demo be posted?

Craig Lyn
Sponsor

Postby Craig Lyn » Feb 10, 2019, 7:05 pm

Ganymede wrote:Hi, Craig,

I love the gear you make, and I can't wait to see how your solo venture develops!

May I suggest, then, that a video or description more thorough (and idiot-oriented) than the original quick demo be posted?

HI Canaan

Thanks for the kind words :D There are few really great things coming up this year. That being said, I want to make sure that everyone is getting the support they require for the products that were developed under my old company.

I shot this video a while ago and I'm not sure if you've seen it. I'm reposting it again both on Facebook and YouTube. With my background in feature film, I'm a little embarrassed about the production quality. It's hard to do this without a bunch of grips and a gaffer but I was making do with what I had. I promise a better one in the future.

Any questions as to technique, please give a shout and I'll be happy to help out. I'll be dealing with that pesky pop-up in the meantime.

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/craiglyndesignstudio/videos/389302394966764/

YouTube:

Bret

Postby Bret » Feb 10, 2019, 7:22 pm

Ganymede wrote:....so too how you deal with the significant amount of grinds that stick to the inner surfaces.

Yes, this issue has taken the blind tumbler and blind shaker out of my workflow completely. I actually ordered both not long before a new coating was announced to minimize the 'retention' of the shaker (but not the tumbler).

I've got each new in their boxes. I'd be interested in coated versions of each product. From your video, it seems that the coating works well on your shaker, which is very cool.

liquidmetal

Postby liquidmetal » Feb 10, 2019, 8:07 pm

Craig Lyn wrote:HI Canaan

Thanks for the kind words :D There are few really great things coming up this year. That being said, I want to make sure that everyone is getting the support they require for the products that were developed under my old company.

I shot this video a while ago and I'm not sure if you've seen it. I'm reposting it again both on Facebook and YouTube. With my background in feature film, I'm a little embarrassed about the production quality. It's hard to do this without a bunch of grips and a gaffer but I was making do with what I had. I promise a better one in the future.

Any questions as to technique, please give a shout and I'll be happy to help out. I'll be dealing with that pesky pop-up in the meantime.

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/craiglyndesignstudio/videos/389302394966764/

YouTube:
<video>

I LOVE that cork mat, now I want one.