CLDS Bean Vaults

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Craig Lyn
Sponsor

#1: Post by Craig Lyn » Sep 25, 2019, 12:53 pm

Hi HBers!

I wanted to announce a pair of new products from Craig Lyn Design Studio.

Bean Vaults are whole bean coffee storage containers used for single dosing. For this product we decided to produce the Bean Vaults out of Tritan which is an amazing hard wearing crystal clear plastic from Eastman. It's BPA, BPS, and bisphenol free and definitely harder wearing and more durable than glass. You can run the Bean Vaults through many cycles in the dishwasher and they'll keep their shine. A set of 12 Bean Vaults is $49.95 and for order of 2+ we offer a 5% discount off of the price.

This product is an update to the older Bean Cellars which are on sale while remaining supplies last.

Also there were a lot of requests for a storage caddy. Our new storage solution comes as a pair of Bases. The Bases are CNC machined out of solid billet aluminum and are clear anodized. They're nice and hefty and feel great in your hand and aren't prone to warping or splitting as with wood. The Bases are fit both the old Bean Cellars and the new Bean Vaults. A pair of Bases are $94.95.

And finally if you're starting out from scratch and want to try out single dose storage for the first time, we offer both products as a single package. Both the Vaults and the Bases are sold together as a Set for $128.76 which is a savings of over $20.

All products are available and shipping now. Be sure to check out the new and improved site as well as the 2020 Version of the HG-1.

Happy Wednesday!

Craig

Craig Lyn
Sponsor

#2: Post by Craig Lyn » Oct 16, 2019, 11:23 am

Shipping Promotion

We wanted to let everyone know about a new shipping promotion that we're launching today.

For US Domestic orders we're offering free shipping on all orders. Use the coupon code: FREESHIP when checking out! This promotion will last till October 28th. Now's a great time to order an HG-1 or to try out the new Bean Vaults.

For our worldwide customers, our carrier DHL is offering us improved global rates. DHL can get a package just about anywhere in the world in around 5 days or less.

Shipping costs on average for an HG-1 Grinder to the following regions:

Taiwan $115 USD
China $115 USD
Central Europe $135
Australia $160
UAE / Middle East $160

And for the Bean Vault Set international shipping costs:

Taiwan $42 USD
China $47 USD
Central Europe $48
Australia $53
UAE / Middle East $52

Catch these shipping deals while you can!

LBIespresso

#3: Post by LBIespresso » Oct 16, 2019, 3:16 pm

Probably not enough demand, but would you ever consider making a smaller version for all of the 49.5 PF users out there?
LMWDP #580

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by baristainzmking » Oct 16, 2019, 5:15 pm

And I wish there were larger vaults to hold single doses for the pour-over/brewed coffee. The ones that would hold up to 40 grams of beans...sigh. A girl can dream!!!
Julia

Elliot
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by Elliot » Oct 16, 2019, 5:19 pm

LBIespresso wrote:Probably not enough demand, but would you ever consider making a smaller version for all of the 49.5 PF users out there?
+1 on that!

Craig Lyn
Sponsor

#6: Post by Craig Lyn » Oct 17, 2019, 9:13 am

Hey Guys

It's a classic case of the Goldilocks issue. One person's coffee dose is different from the next and it's hard to make Bean Vaults in every size as to satisfy everyone's requirement. While a tiny bit of more work you can always use 2 Bean Vaults to store larger volumes.

On the other hand, you can do an easy mod at home to make the storage units work for lower doses. The Bean Vault Set comes with foam padding that can be upcycled. By tracing the outline of the tube and using an Exacto knife, you can cut a plug to fit in the bottom of the tube. You can trim or add to the plug to get to an ideal volume. A quick wrap of plastic film and you're ready to go. I've also seen this done with cork as well.

Just a thought :)

Craig Lyn
Sponsor

#7: Post by Craig Lyn » Oct 26, 2019, 8:51 am

Hey HB'ers,

It's the last weekend to take advantage of our free domestic shipping offer. Grab it while you still can. To note, our international customers have been getting some great rates from DHL and we've shipped Bean Vault sets into Europe for as low as $50 and down to Australia for $45. If you order with a friend, the shipping rate is even better for multiple sets!

Also our brand new Bean Vault Set sale ends this weekend as well.

https://craiglyn.com/bean-vaults/

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by RockyIII » Oct 26, 2019, 11:44 am

The new aluminum base looks great.

Rocky

Iowa_Boy

#9: Post by Iowa_Boy » replying to RockyIII » Oct 26, 2019, 12:31 pm

I agree! Love the commercial bean cellars but the new ones look too good to pass up.
Going to order with the free shipping special a set with the bases as well!

chipman

#10: Post by chipman » Oct 26, 2019, 1:41 pm

I took advantage of the free shipping (two days cross country) I love the new look, specifically the clear tubes. The individual six pack caddies look great in their industrial setting of the espresso equipment. A solid win in my opinion.

Also, I just want to comment on the excellent packaging of my order. Espresso machines should be packed this carefully.