Caffe Lusso "Roma" Blend - High % Robusta

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
CaffeLusso
Sponsor

#1: Post by CaffeLusso »

Hi everyone!

Out of great curiosity and excitement, Caffe Lusso Coffee Roasters is going to do a one-time roast, blend, and sale of a high percentage robusta mixed with the Gran Miscela Carmo espresso blend that you all have so generously supported the last 5 years! Here's the quick sketch:

Between now and Tuesday, March 23 by the end of the day, if you order a 1kg bag of Gran Miscela Carmo and in the "order notes" section add in "Roma" - we will make that 1 kg with 70% GMC and 30% of our favored washed Indian peaberry robusta! Yes, it's the same PB robusta blended in our Lionshare espresso blend.

All orders will then be blended on Wednesday morning, March 24, and shipped out that afternoon via priority mail, USPS. That should ensure that everyone will receive the fresh roast on either Friday, March 26, or Saturday March 27th. To clarify, it will be 1 kilogram of total weight, but we will package it into 2 separate 1.1 pound bags in natural kraft, then heat-sealed. This will allow you to run different evaluations of the blend at different days post-roast, without having one bag "open" the whole duration. We will probably do a single 75 pound batch on our San Franciscan 75lb batch roaster, or 2 or 3 batches if necessary. We will be so curious to hear what you all think!

Ever grateful for ALL of your great support, and now more than ever,

Philip & the Caffe Lusso Roasting Team
We roast and ship 5 days a week!
www.caffelusso.com

CaffeLusso (original poster)
Sponsor

#2: Post by CaffeLusso (original poster) »

Also, I meant to add that since the price is the same, at $39.00 for the 1 kilogram, everyone will get free shipping!

- Philip & the Caffe Lusso Roasting Team
www.caffelusso.com

dparrish
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by dparrish »

Thanks for doing this! Just placed my order for 1 Kilo! Thanks also to Tom for reporting on this!

Sponsor

#4: Post by CaffeLusso (original poster) »

Hello Everybody!

Just a quick reminder, if you're hopping on the "Roma" limited offering, please submit your orders on our website by midnight tonight. We've got a busy roasting day of Roma tomorrow! We'll probably get the first roast going around 8am PST. ALL Roma orders will be roasted and shipped tomorrow, Wednesday March 24th.

Thanks again for the amazing support of this wonderful community! We love you guys!

www.caffelusso.com

Spitz.me

#5: Post by Spitz.me »

Thankful to check this out. I also grabbed some Freedom blend!
LMWDP #670

Sponsor

#6: Post by CaffeLusso (original poster) »

Hi All!

I wanted to say thanks for all of your incredible support - we roasted, blended, and shipped out all of the Roma orders yesterday!

www.caffelusso.com

MrFrench

#7: Post by MrFrench replying to CaffeLusso »

Hey Philip! I'm sooooo excited to try it.

I received my order and it is in a single 1 kg bag. My invoice says Roma, but everyone else is seemingly getting two separate bags as you stated. Did something get messed up or did some Roma orders get the single kg bag treatment. I guess it's not a huge deal as I'm sure it will be delicious either way!!!

Sponsor

#8: Post by CaffeLusso (original poster) »

MrFrench,

If you're able to give us a shout at headquarters, we'll figure it out!

- Philip
www.caffelusso.com