Cafelat Robot manual espresso maker - Page 45

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
canuckcoffeeguy

#441: Post by canuckcoffeeguy »

FedEx says mine should arrive tomorrow. I'm backer #39. Looking forward to it!

feitz

#442: Post by feitz »

yakster wrote:This has a better chance of not getting lost if you post in this thread:

Travel Case for Cafelat Robot
It was delivered yesterday and was 5 cm shorter than advertized anyway. So back it goes...
Best regards from Munich
Claus

LMWDP #527

Advertisement
tuxxie

#443: Post by tuxxie »

Got a call from courier around noon today that they'll deliver a parcel in 1 hour's time - I haven't got notification from Kickstarter yet at that time. I suspect it'll be Robot as I'm not expecting other parcel.

About 10 minutes after that, I received my yellow Robot, delivered from Kwun Tong to Wan Chai. :D My lucky day as I got another parcel from my home country few hours earlier - a 1kg pack of Ethiopia beans for pour over filter coffee.

When Robot meets ET, guided by Pharos (in reference to the historical lighthouse)

I echo what others have said - the thing is phenomenal! The whole machine is very well built to the highest quality, especially the portafilter and the basket (they're heavy!) Makes my La Pavoni at home in my home country feels like a toy.

The pressure gauge is so tiny and cute! :wink:

P.S: I got the notification from Kickstarter about 2 hours after delivery. :lol:
Ethan
LMWDP#611

Paul_Pratt

#444: Post by Paul_Pratt »

tuxxie wrote:Got a call from courier around noon today that they'll deliver a parcel in 1 hour's time - I haven't got notification from Kickstarter yet at that time. I suspect it'll be Robot as I'm not expecting other parcel.

About 10 minutes after that, I received my yellow Robot, delivered from Kwun Tong to Wan Chai. :D My lucky day as I got another parcel from my home country few hours earlier - a 1kg pack of Ethiopia beans for pour over filter coffee.

<image>
When Robot meets ET, guided by Pharos (in reference to the historical lighthouse)

I echo what others have said - the thing is phenomenal! The whole machine is very well built to the highest quality, especially the portafilter and the basket (they're heavy!) Makes my La Pavoni at home in my home country feels like a toy.

The pressure gauge is so tiny and cute! :wink:

P.S: I got the notification from Kickstarter about 2 hours after delivery. :lol:
That was quick, SF only came this morning as well. Saturday was the only day he would pick-up as has was too lazy busy to pick up on weekdays.

Marcelnl

#445: Post by Marcelnl »

getting a little envious here, backer 219...almost somehow snoozed/lost the KS campaign....the wait is on. Not that I'm without good espresso, it's just that I want to play around a bit :-)
LMWDP #483

alexno

#446: Post by alexno »

Interesting. The email from KS says I'm backer #279. The KS page says there're 277 backers. Don't know what to make out of it, but I very well might be the last one to receive my robot. Lots of patience here. 8)

MB

#447: Post by MB replying to alexno »

My guess it that a few backers had to back out of the deal, but the already assigned backer numbers wouldn't likely be revised on their account.
LMWDP #472

Advertisement
Paul_Pratt

#448: Post by Paul_Pratt replying to MB »

Yes we lost around 20-25 backers at the credit card payment stage and their backer numbers remain but with zero rewards.

Balthazar_B

#449: Post by Balthazar_B replying to Paul_Pratt »

I feel sad for the ones that dropped out for whatever reason, for what they're missing. The Robot is a delightful espresso maker!
- John

LMWDP # 577

arcus

#450: Post by arcus replying to Balthazar_B »

Very true but they will soon be able remedy that mistake by ordering it from the Cafelatstore. They'll pay a bit more but the regular price is still a great buy.