BIANCA: Order this game changer home espresso machine... - Page 33

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
Dopey32

#321: Post by Dopey32 »

1st-line wrote:Hmmm.... I hope no one in law enforcement is reading this! :D
8) haha

wesleynance

#322: Post by wesleynance »

Hi Jim,

Still enjoying my Bianca. Even after lubricating my cam and lower valve assembly (twice), I still have a "catch" when moving my lever up, like something is binding in the upper valve. I haven't disassembled that one since it's more involved with the needle valve attached, etc. How should I proceed?

Also, wanting to move into plumbing the machine in. I should give you a call, right?

Lastly, are replacement steam tips available? I would like to buy an extra 1mm tip and drill he holes out to 1.2 or so. I want to experiment with something in between the two stock tips.

Thanks. Let me know what to do about my lever still binding as I don't want to have long term issues with my machine. Clearly something slipped past inspection at Lelit. My cam looked a bit chewed up already as well, definitely getting some wear on the lower pin, which is way too early since I only pull around 4 shots per day on average.

Wes Nance
Rochester, NY

1st-line (original poster)
Sponsor

#323: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

wesleynance wrote:Hi Jim,

Still enjoying my Bianca. Even after lubricating my cam and lower valve assembly (twice), I still have a "catch" when moving my lever up, like something is binding in the upper valve. I haven't disassembled that one since it's more involved with the needle valve attached, etc. How should I proceed?

Also, wanting to move into plumbing the machine in. I should give you a call, right?...

Wes Nance
Rochester, NY
Hi Wes,

Thanks for the update. I am sorry you are still having an issue. Please email me a video of the binding. Call me about plumbing in.

The following link has some basic requirements for the commercial environment as well as for the home environment.

https://www.1st-line.com/customer-educa ... uirements/
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

wesleynance

#324: Post by wesleynance replying to 1st-line »

Will do. What's your email?

Sponsor

#325: Post by 1st-line (original poster) replying to wesleynance »

I sent a pm to you in HB.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

another_jim
Team HB

#326: Post by another_jim »

JimP, there's a new thread in espresso machines that you might be able to answer.
Jim Schulman

Sponsor

#327: Post by 1st-line (original poster) replying to another_jim »

Thanks!!! I am not able to keep track of all threads.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

thm655321

#328: Post by thm655321 »

1st-line wrote:I would have figured. Most manufacturers want to keep some things very close to their chest.
Lelit has provided me with very specific information on the wood handles:

"The wood parts on the Bianca machine are painted before with a transparent acrylic paint (Brand: SHERWIN-WILLIAMS, Product code: TU0055/00), then with a colorant/solvent light walnut (Brand: SHERWIN-WILLIAMS, Product code: TU0055/00), and the last step, a transparent acrylic finish (Brand: SHERWIN-WILLIAMS, Product code: TZL6274/00)."

Kleefisch

#329: Post by Kleefisch »

thm655321 wrote:then with a colorant/solvent light walnut
Thank you for that information!

Actually this is the only thing I do not like about my Bianca: This 'walnut type' color of the wooden parts looks so badly artifical. A realy ugly brown and so unnecessary. For what does it need a colored coating on walnut wood?

Maybe I have got an especially bad execution, shaping is also not the best. I am thinking about sanding all wooden parts or replace them by some higher end retrofits. Suggestions would be highly welcome.

guydebord

#330: Post by guydebord replying to Kleefisch »

My walnut looks really good and not artificial at all. I have seen a few Biancas (US/CAN) besides mine and they look great too, Im thinking that they might export better looking ones overseas? But the most plausible theory is that you just got a bad one...
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni