BIANCA: Order this game changer home espresso machine... - Page 3

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
1st-line (original poster)
Sponsor

#21: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

lagoon wrote:This is genuinely interesting. Very significant modifications to the E61.

Are there any other examples of machines using a "'frankenstein" E61 group beyond very minor tweaks? I can't recall any.
Not that I am aware of....
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

Sponsor

#22: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

Nunas wrote:Uh...by 'rotary' do you mean a vane pump? In the industrial world, there are a few different pumps called rotary pumps...sorry, don't know the espresso machine terminology as well as I should :oops: .
Sorry, I did mean rotary vane.... Typically, when we speak our jargon to our industry folks, we shorten rotary vane to rotary just like we say vibe versus vibration pump.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

Sponsor

#23: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

HoldTheOnions wrote:I'm loving the tank. Wish mine was like that.
The production units will probably have the reservoir installed on the back side. However, I do personally like to not have the pull the machine out for a water tank refill. Even better is that the tank can be placed on the either side for refills by both lefties and righties.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

ncrc51

#24: Post by ncrc51 »

What is the pre-order price break on the machine?

Sponsor

#25: Post by 1st-line (original poster) replying to ncrc51 »

We usually do not like to post prices on the internet where they stay forever. The reason is that prices change over time due to increased manufacturer's prices as well as exchange rate, import duties, and shipping costs.

Once in a blue moon, we get a person calling and wanting to buy at a price they saw on an internet post from 20 years ago... :)
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

ncrc51

#26: Post by ncrc51 »

Understood.

JayBeck

#27: Post by JayBeck »

1st-line wrote:Hi All,

We have worked with Lelit over the past 15 years, and about 5 years ago, Lelit took a significant change in direction to improve their basic espresso machines to the forefront in the home espresso machine industry. Although we still have customers today inquiring for a part here or there for their 10+ year old machines, Leit has improved their quality, reliability and technology.

Over the last 24 months, 1st-line provided a lot of concepts and feedback when inquiried by Lelit for their double boiler machine. About 3 months ago, we received our first prototype for testing not just by us, but also at specific trade and consumer exhibitions and shows. We already provided feedback to improve the prototype from our testing as well as the feedback of consumers and the good folks in the coffee trade to produce this game changer home espresso machine: The Lelit Bianca PL62T Espresso Machine!

<image>

The Leit Bianca PL62T is a PID double boiler machine with both boilers made of stainless steel, has a water tank can be changed from the back to either side for spacial requirements or for easy refilling (righties and lefties are equally important), programmable active pre-infusion with programmable soak time, switchable to direct plumbing and draining, and the most striking feature is the manual brew pressure profiling on top of the E61 grouphead.

The home barista has control of the brew pressure profiling throughout the espresso extraction with the timer on the PID display counting. Using this machine for the past 2 months, I have been just floored by not only the crema production and flavor profiles created, I really never have seen an espresso crema produced with such mouthfeel! At our last event, we even had a visitor who is employed as a taste tester by a well known coffee giant's NY Reserve store and was impressed with the flavor profiles produced by the Lelit Bianca!

You can review a quick first impression video of the prototype on our YouTube channel.<video>

We are taking pre-orders on our web site for September delivery at a special discounted price.
Jim: Is the power button a switch or a toggle? I have machine on a timer and if it is a toggle then that would be a deal killer for me as I like a fully hot machine when I wake up. I think it I'd a switch that I can keep clicked to the on position but it's hard to tell from the video.

Thanks!

goalerjones

#28: Post by goalerjones »

ncrc51 wrote:What is the pre-order price break on the machine?
It doesn't list the actual with discount price in the cart when you go thru with a purchase setup. It lists at $2795 USD. However, when the ECM Mechanika Profi debuted on their site before Christmas last year it was at $1999 USD for the 1st month, and now lists for $2499 if that may be an indicator. In my experience with 1st-line (Anna Espresso maker, Fred grinder, Lelit knockbox drawer, and many pounds of Italian espresso), I've always found them to be more than competitive in pricing, especially when introducing a new product (still get their emails).
Is the power button a switch or a toggle?
From examining the pics on the site it appears to be a push button on/off, and the other features are accessed by using the lower left plastic display, and of course the wooden paddle.

Aside from the questions I'm truly happy for Lelit. Beginning as a steam iron/ironing table company to really making a good advance into the espresso market. If I wasn't so happy with my Vetrano I'd be looking at this since my 1st machine was an "Anna" model by Lelit and reliability was just taken for granted. The customizable tank placement alone is awesome.

RNAV

#29: Post by RNAV »

1st-line, some questions for you:

1. Can you confirm whether or not this machine will turn on by itself (wake/sleep built-in feature)?
2. Can you confirm whether or not this machine will turn on if plugged into a timer device (i.e. WeMo switch)?
3. What is the increment the PID can adjust the brew boiler (i.e. 1 degree F, 0.5 degrees F)?
4. ECM and Profitec recently released upgrades for their machines to steam at 2 bar. What is the max steaming pressure for this machine (or, alternatively, the max PID temp setting for the steam boiler)?

Looks like a really great machine.

jallen013

#30: Post by jallen013 »

I'm hopeful my next machine will last 20 years. Is there any way to know how one that includes pressure profiling will hold up over time? Will the electronics involved make it more prone to failure in the first 10 years or more difficult to repair in the latter 10 years?