BIANCA-fy your E61 Grouphead - Page 8

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
sweaner

#71: Post by sweaner »

JohnStuartP wrote:The only issue I have is that at full close I still get a trickle of water. This means the lowest I can go during extraction is probably 1.5 bar or so.
You should be easily able to adjust the paddle to fix this. See the below video.
Scott
LMWDP #248

JohnStuartP

#72: Post by JohnStuartP »

Thanks, but I've done plenty of adjustments and the paddle location is not the issue.
sweaner wrote:You should be easily able to adjust the paddle to fix this. See the below video.

<video>

sweaner

#73: Post by sweaner »

JohnStuartP wrote:Thanks, but I've done plenty of adjustments and the paddle location is not the issue.
So, I wonder what the problem is? The paddle should be able to cut flow off totally.
Scott
LMWDP #248

JohnStuartP

#74: Post by JohnStuartP replying to sweaner »

You are right that it should, and it does. I took it apart again and realized I didn't have the gicleur screwed in tight enough. I think I was afraid of over tightening it. I snugged it down and everything works perfectly now!

JackHK

#75: Post by JackHK »

sweaner wrote:You should be easily able to adjust the paddle to fix this. See the below video.

<video>
After adjust the paddle perfectly, how much flow do you get at max open paddle?

I get 200 ml in 30 sek

sweaner

#76: Post by sweaner »

I haven't measured the flow. I am not convinced that flow matters at all.
Scott
LMWDP #248

Sinobi

#77: Post by Sinobi »

JohnStuartP wrote:First, I needed to find a replacement mushroom as the mushroom that came with the Izzo was a single piece stainless cap. Jim at 1st-Line was very helpful in looking at options. We tried a couple different brands to see what worked the best and we settled on a stainless replacement from ECM.
Fantastic to hear it works on a Duetto! Thank you!
Could you by any chance shed some light on as to the exact ECM replacement mushroom?

Kind regards
Henrik

JohnStuartP

#78: Post by JohnStuartP replying to Sinobi »

I believe it is the one 1st-line has as an option on the page for the kit. Follow Jim's link in the first post and scroll to the bottom. Either that or get a hold of Jim. He would know better than I.

1st-line (original poster)
Sponsor

#79: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

JohnStuartP wrote:I believe it is the one 1st-line has as an option on the page for the kit. Follow Jim's link in the first post and scroll to the bottom. Either that or get a hold of Jim. He would know better than I.
Hi All,

First, as there are multiple versions of E61 groupheads, we appreciate your patience as we work thru this learning perspective together. Patience will be key. So far, the differences I have learned were the bottom portion of the mushroom can have a different diameter and slightly different thickness in the oring. It is also possible there is a difference in the depth of the gicleur in your existing mushroom. There are also other possibility in an E61 beyond the scope of Bianca-fying your E61.

Second, as we do learn the difference for each machine and the kit, we will post this information on the kit page where you can order it from. There is no better place than there.

Third, the kits are on their way. As soon as they clear customs and arrive, we will start shipping in the order received. Please be patient as we have a good bunch of back orders. I prefer we do things right and not rush.

Lastly, if anyone has any questions at install, please email me and wait. Making an error on install can cost - especially torquing the gicleur too much.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC

1st-line (original poster)
Sponsor

#80: Post by 1st-line (original poster) »

Hi All,

The plane has landed, and we have more kits in stock. All remaining back orders will be shipping today via USPS Priority Mail.

For those that took the risk of the unknown and have made a pre-order prior to today, you saved a bunch! In fact, for taking the risk of trying on your E61 machine, we sold the kits originally below cost. Our original cost was increased on the gauges because of the additional components included to make the install much easier. And, we offer discounts as a reward for those risk takers before the item arrived into our facilities.

Although the discount has been reduced, our kits are still a bargain compared to other dealers outside the USA.

Lastly, next week, we should have the wooden knobs for those with joystick steam valves. And, the same knob could be used for the E61 lever on the side of the grouphead.
Jim Piccinich
www.1st-line.com
1st-line Equipment, LLC