BIANCA-fy your E61 Grouphead - Page 6

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
mountmustache

Postby mountmustache » May 09, 2019, 5:03 pm

mohninme wrote:This kit does not include the entire mushroom. The valve body is incorporated into the top cap and the gicleur(orifice) is screwed into the mushroom below. Perhaps it is bad form to mention another product on the this thread but I am going to go ahead anyway. If you have a one piece cap/mushroom, then the Profitec flow control assembly may be your best bet (assuming it will fit). This valve would match your design of a single component. Perhaps a good alternative is to purchase a separate standard E61 mushroom (and the lower mushroom seal) and continue your modification with the Lelit valve. 1st Line can supply these two parts for a modest $32US (from a quick search on their site). Again... assuming it will all fit on your Duetto. If you scan the HB threads pertaining to these two valve options, you may find someone else who has already found some success with a machine similar to your own. Good luck :D

You're right, I had never looked closely enough at the paddle pictures to notice. I didn't go with the profitec for a few reasons. I already have walnut knobs, so the bianca paddle is more what I was looking for, and when I pre-ordered the bianca the profitec wasn't available to everyone yet.

In the end, I did order the E61 mushroom from 1st line and received it today. I took out the duetto mushroom (3 years old and no scale, woo!) today to test fit and it worked perfectly. So if the bianca assembly fits in the "Faema E61 Mushroom" that 1st line has as an optional add on in the kit, then it will work with and Izzo Alex Duetto III. And now I'm all excited, but my wait continues...

mohninme

Postby mohninme » May 09, 2019, 6:40 pm

mountmustache wrote:In the end, I did order the E61 mushroom from 1st line and received it today. I took out the duetto mushroom (3 years old and no scale, woo!) today to test fit and it worked perfectly. So if the bianca assembly fits in the "Faema E61 Mushroom" that 1st line has as an optional add on in the kit, then it will work with and Izzo Alex Duetto III. And now I'm all excited, but my wait continues...

This is good news for the Duetto owners and 1st line should be able to confirm 100%. I suspect that since they have added the mushroom as a kit option that we already have that confirmation.
Michael

mountmustache

Postby mountmustache » May 09, 2019, 7:05 pm

My thoughts as well, but I didn't want to speak for them

Okccraft

Postby Okccraft » May 15, 2019, 3:50 pm

I received my kit last week and successfully installed it on my older Vetrano HX machine yesterday. To early to tell if there's any significant change in the cup. One observation, I still have my Eric's thermometer in the group, and with long slow pre-wetting I am seeing more stable, but higher temps, with the same flush routine I was using for long line pressure pre-wetting. Surprisingly, the shots don't taste over extracted.

another_jim
Team HB

Postby another_jim » May 15, 2019, 4:15 pm

I'll was interested to hear if it works on HX E61s without overheating. Sounds like it might.
Jim Schulman

pineapplemonkey

Postby pineapplemonkey » May 18, 2019, 6:28 pm

Any word if they will incorporate a group thermometer like Eric's into this?

Okccraft

Postby Okccraft » Today, 6:50 pm

another_jim wrote:I'll was interested to hear if it works on HX E61s without overheating. Sounds like it might.

Having used The Bianca valve for the last week with Eric's thermometer I seem to be consistent in my ability to hold a temp that should be delivering 201 at the puck ( thermometer reading 204 = 201 at the puck). I am doing 9sec past flash-boil which lands my group temp at 203, then using flush and go I start pulling my shot with 1.5grams/sec prewetting. I start to see beading at around the 25sec mark and hit it with full flow for 15sec and then gradually bring the flow back. The resulting shot ends at about the 1min mark, seldom reads higher than 206 at the group, and has a pleasing taste for my pallet. Given this I have installed the pressure gauge in lieu of the thermometer.

Any insights you might have would be greatly appreciated given your experience with not only the Bianca, but I assume also temp management on an HX rotary machine as well.