BIANCA-fy your E61 Grouphead - Page 15

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
RNAV

#141: Post by RNAV »

For those with the Lelit kit, does your experience mimic this video?
For discussion purposes, it appears that a paddle position of ~9 o'clock yields a pressure of ~1 bar; 5 o'clock yields about 7 bar.

Compare that to my ECM kit: 9 o'clock yields about 2 bar, 8:45 yields about 6 bar, 8:30 yields about 8 bar. The space between 2 bar and 6 bar is extremely small, to the point that I can't navigate it with any amount of precision.

Based on the video above, it appears that larger movement of the Lelit Flow Control paddle results in smaller pressure changes compared to what I'm experiencing with the ECM kit.

I'm trying to get a feel for whether or not the above video is representative of what folks are experiencing with the Lelit kit. I'm seriously considering making the switch.

Tonefish

#142: Post by Tonefish »

The positions all depend upon how the paddle is positioned during setup. I've changed mine from what is typical because I found I get full range of pressures in under 180 degrees of turn. I use it from 3 o'clock (fully open), to 9 o'clock (fully closed) backing away from having it almost touch the housing when closed. I did this to allow a fingertip between the back of the paddle and the hot housing. I find I get better control that way and I don't burn my finger. As far as pressure/ positions, I find that at the pressure reduction from fully open are very non-linear starting very slowly and then very quickly at the closed end. It seems that most of the change occurs in the last 15 degrees or so.
LMWDP #581 .......... May your roasts, grinds, and pulls be the best!

RNAV

#143: Post by RNAV »

Tonefish wrote:As far as pressure/ positions, I find that at the pressure reduction from fully open are very non-linear starting very slowly and then very quickly at the closed end. It seems that most of the change occurs in the last 15 degrees or so.
Thanks for the explanation; my experience seems similar.