Best of Yemen Auction Presale

Read about current and future offerings from the site sponsors.
CafeDemitasse
Sponsor

#1: Post by CafeDemitasse »

Hey HB World,

We won a couple tiny, tiny lots at the Best of Yemen Auction this year and are in the middle of a presale. These are ludicriously good coffees. We got the #3 and the #20 lots. I've never tasted anything like the #3 lot - rum soaked skittles was my tasting note. The #20 was the pinnacle of all the comforting coffees I've ever had. Caramel, graham crackers, honey, brown sugar, spices. I'd drink it every day if I could. We're planning on roasting and shipping out on the 14th. We still have a little bit of each lot left and I thought to offer it up to the folks here.

Details here:

https://cafedemitasse.com/collections/c ... ot-presale
Demitasse Coffee Roasters - cafedemitasse.com

Chert

#2: Post by Chert »

Wow, how did you do it? Those were some tasty samples, but out of reach by volume and price so thanks for the headsup.

Here are the auction results: Best of Yemen
LMWDP #198

CafeDemitasse (original poster)
Sponsor

#3: Post by CafeDemitasse (original poster) »

@Chert - we joined a buying group. That's the only way to get small amounts.

Chert

#4: Post by Chert »

That makes sense. It isn't apparent in the auction results. It seems that some CoE auction list the buying group participants, but the PCA auction just share the lead buyer. I'm glad to see some BoY coffee . Qima also has some off auction lots that are enticing, same box size. I think the Bani Ofair community was on their offering list. among others.
LMWDP #198

Sponsor

#5: Post by CafeDemitasse (original poster) »

I was pretty impressed with these two lots. We still have a bit of both if you're interested.

Chert

#6: Post by Chert »

I have no decaf greens so I picked up some demitasse sugarcane decaf too.

I assume they ship together whenever you roast the Lot 20 rarity.

Qima really represents with their auction marketing and it seems to pay off.

The box and lot 20 samples bag

LMWDP #198

Auctor
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Auctor »

I just ordered a couple of tins. Looking forward to sampling them.

Sponsor

#8: Post by CafeDemitasse (original poster) »

Let me know what you think of them when you get them!!

Chert

#9: Post by Chert »

The decaf is very tasty and intrigues me from a roast perspective. The beans remain hard enough to choke the EG-1 suggesting drop before the end of first crack but the flavors are sweet and mild vanilla, pear direction i would say and adequately developed. Very pleased with that decaf.

What period of rest do you give the Yemeni coffee before using in the cafe?
LMWDP #198

Auctor
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by Auctor »

CafeDemitasse wrote:Let me know what you think of them when you get them!!
Tried #3 this morning, and your descriptions were accurate. I loved the combination of the funky, fruity notes combined with a more complex, heavy bodied feel. Very happy with this coffee - it's not too wild (like some Panama Geishas I've tried), and the additional body is very satisfying. Also very consistent cup from start to finish.