Zacconi Riviera basket on Ponte Vecchio Export bottomless portafilter?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
antony.h

Postby antony.h » Mar 24, 2019, 12:01 am

Hello, I am reader here for a long time. Recently I got a very nice Zacconi Riviera flat top spring lever machine which I think it was produced in 90s.

I have read some successful cases feedback at here on using a 45mm Zacconi Riviera double basket on a Pontevecchio Export bottomless portafilter. Maybe some tweak has to be done on the Zacconi basket was required. But I have a different case.

My Zacconi double basket, which came with the machine, doesn't have a dot. It has a flat top. And the barrel wall isn't that straight. I got the bottomless portafilter at here:
https://www.lagondola.it/product.php~id ... lter~.html

The Zacconi basket barrel seems not fitting my Pontevecchio portafilter.

This is my machine

This is measure of the inner basket

Shape of the basket

The portafilters [Left is Zacconi original] [Right is PV Export bottomless]

Should I buy a new basket for Pontevecchio Export? The PV Export Portafilter can mount to my Zacconi Riviera in a pretty loosen manner. I have to turn a bit more to mount it onto the group.

redbone

Postby redbone » Mar 24, 2019, 8:15 am

Why not just purchase some PV export baskets since they are made to fit the PVE portafilter. As far as the PV portafilter being a bit loose on the Zacconi Riviera a thicker as in taller gasket would most likely solve the issue.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

antony.h

Postby antony.h » replying to redbone » Mar 24, 2019, 9:30 am

Thanks for the advice! But the site is not selling any PVE basket. Which I start doubting whether all PVE portafilters or baskets in the after market are the same.