What's this group head? La Cimbali M20

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
IamSam

#1: Post by IamSam »

LaCimbali M20 two group lever machine has come into my hands.
It seems really good, but will obviously need a strip and all the usual TLC of a neglected machine. (I haven't even plugged it in yet)
But that's not why I'm here....
It's the third group that has me beat. What is it? Some form of diripulator?? I'd love someone to help me identify what it is for!

IamSam (original poster)

#2: Post by IamSam (original poster) »

That last image mis-represents the machine. It makes it look like the lever cover (off group 2) is part of the mystery group. Please ignore that optical illusion.

Paul_Pratt

#3: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Probably some kind of bulk coffee brewer, aka "hotel group". If it is then it is missing the top section and portafilter.

kitt

#4: Post by kitt »

Yes , Paul has it right. The clue is in the nameplate "2L + 1TR"

2 lever groups plus a "thermoreserve" group , or TR-TRD Group

I have one in an exploded view manual, send me a PM if you'd like a copy by email

IamSam (original poster)

#5: Post by IamSam (original poster) »

Ok. Yes that'll be it. The exploded view kindly supplied by kitt shows a newer model thermoreserve unit. It would be great if anyone out there might have info on this earlier vintage of these units. What about driving instructions? I'm guessing parts for it are going to be a very difficult search!

grog

#6: Post by grog »

No clue about parts for the hotel group, but these guys in Austria are a great supplier for otherwise difficult to source Cimbali parts:

www.tse.at
LMWDP #514