What model is this used lever espresso machine?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
opus

#1: Post by opus »

Care to tell me make/model? Gaggia?

JimH

#2: Post by JimH »

Gaggia Espagnola, probably Visacrem rather than Italcrem based on the knobs and alternating slot rows on the drip tray.

Advertisement
drgary
Team HB

#3: Post by drgary »

It could be a 1960's Brugnetti Aurora. Added: Probably not, looking at the curve at the bottom of the group. Added later, after receiving an authoritative response from a collector. See the link below:

What model is this used lever espresso machine?

Here's an image of another Italcrem on our site. Added: But it's not Italcrem. It's a Vera Crem per my later post.

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

opus (original poster)

#4: Post by opus (original poster) »

I've seen a few pix on this site but nothing quite identical. Trying to guess the era as well.

This is on the back:

C-Antonio

#5: Post by C-Antonio »

Its a Visacrem, that chassis is something they use...
in this picture you can kind of see a logo similar to what you have in the back, on the sticker

finding the age is another story, Visacrem was born in 1967, so the gap is wide, my guess group and manner of knobs should reduce it... the shape of the group should give an indication since that one changed with time (there was a Modelo2000 with the same/similar group... not made in the years 2000 btw) so might be something around the 70s

(and no, no age for the one in the pic, its from a spanish auction site)
“Eh sì sì sì…sembra facile (fare un buon caffè)!”

opus (original poster)

#6: Post by opus (original poster) »

All I am really needing at this point is seals, gaskets and maybe a spring. I'm kinda assuming the spring would be generic to a few different models maybe?

C-Antonio

#7: Post by C-Antonio replying to opus »

The group was something common italcrem/visacrem, stuff about 1970s, early 80s maybe.
People like Orphanespresso would know it

Advertisement
opus (original poster)

#8: Post by opus (original poster) »

You know, I've tried to get hold of him recently, no go. Historically he's been quick to respond.

C-Antonio

#9: Post by C-Antonio replying to opus »

Sorry wouldnt know, never really exchanged emails, kept an eye on them years ago because of parts and the work they did but never contacted them.
I know they stuck that group on a Gaggia Orione (which is from 1967 I believe) and if I remember said that what they used was a K80 from Italcrem.
Other than that to find generic parts its a matter of measuring what's in the machine now and look for a similar item.

drgary
Team HB

#10: Post by drgary »

Someone who used to own one of these contacted me. Here is what he wrote, shared with his permission.

"This is an indigenous iberian group - not a replica or license built anything else.

Another name for machines which wore this group was Vera Crem.

Mike Mountanos of Mountanos Brothers Coffee on the peninsula was selling them as soon as United Coffee closed in 1981. He had been the roaster for United.

Everything about the machine was so pared away "it was barely made out of metal."

The Visa Crem and Gaggia Espagnola badged ones are better.

Machines with this group are fairly common in So-Cal due to ABC."
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!