What is this Campeona lever espresso on eBay?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
DucaiMann
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by DucaiMann »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282049907183

sweaner

#2: Post by sweaner »

I don't know, but for $900 shipping, it must be HUGE!
Scott
LMWDP #248

Sansibar99

#3: Post by Sansibar99 »

c'mon, it's a small machine and the price for shipping is symbolic, actual shipping rates can be asked for, depending on country... :roll:
LMWDP #422

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary »

That looks very rare and beautiful. If I had deep pockets it would be headed this way. :mrgreen:
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

sweaner

#5: Post by sweaner »

Sansibar99 wrote:c'mon, it's a small machine and the price for shipping is symbolic, actual shipping rates can be asked for, depending on country... :roll:
You really need to turn on your sarcasm meter. :roll:
Scott
LMWDP #248

drgary
Team HB

#6: Post by drgary »

That seller actually has more reasonable shipping prices if you check the details by country.
Gary
LMWDP#308

donn

#7: Post by donn »

I'm perplexed over the design.

The Campeona Bambina was the first open boiler machine I ever saw, long ago at a flea market; sadly this obvious idea took a few days to sink in, and the memory of that simple little machine haunted me for a long time. Here they're obviously going for the usual pressurized design, too bad ... but wait, not quite the usual design after all, the 4th photo looks inside and the case turns out to be nearly empty, there's some smallish thing that seems to be kind of a vestigial boiler, and the steam wands come out of the piston jacket? Very odd, no?

The ad alludes to this:
The boiler is front than piston and spring for this reason it have a big group.
I want to believe that the piston jacket is not full of superheated water, because 1) that would be a very challenging and heavy design for a pressurized boiler, and 2) suitable brewing temperature would be impossible. I don't see any evidence that anything important has been removed, so that leaves that little dinky thing in the back, with the line coming out its back to a thermostat or something on the side - the steam boiler? Where do you add water?

pootoogoo

#8: Post by pootoogoo »

This model was patented in 1963 by Juan Garcia Domingo (didn't know he was linked to Campeona).

The group is so large because the water and the heater are around the extraction chamber.

drgary
Team HB

#9: Post by drgary »

pootoogoo wrote:This model was patented in 1963 by Juan Garcia Domingo (didn't know he was linked to Campeona).

The group is so large because the water and the heater are around the extraction chamber.
Wow! Definitive information from the baristorian.
Gary
LMWDP#308

pootoogoo

#10: Post by pootoogoo »

:wink: