Well, I'm wondering what members here use to descale their boilers/elements? I've had this machine for a little over a year, and I assumed the Clean-Caf I was using was doing it's job. WRONG! !
1. I use bottled spring water when I can (about 60% of the time), Brita filtered tap water when I forget to replenish.
2. I used the Clean-Caf about every 3 months.
3. Yesterday was the first time I removed the element and really looked into the boiler. Yes, I was shocked!
4. Last night, I used a packet of Clean-caf, let the element run through cycles for about two hours, and left the solution in the boiler overnight.
5. This morning, I removed the element expecting clean surfaces, and this is what I spotted (no real change from before, Hummppff!).
So, any advice? The machine is taking about 5 mins longer now to reach operating temp, and I don't want to stress out the components. I believe I read somewhere that the Brita doesn't remove minerals, just chemicals, but I didn't realise our tap water was so hard.
I want to be clean again!