Vesuvius Evo Leva + Smart Espresso Profiler

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
macaber8

#1: Post by macaber8 »

Hello,

Has anyone tried to install Smart Espresso Profiler to a Vesuvius Evo Leva machine?
https://www.naked-portafilter.com/produ ... ver-group/

Would this be awkward given the body of the pressure transducer sticking out so long?
What is the "an add-on for our piston pressure kits (you need the kit first to connect SEP)"?

Amberale

#2: Post by Amberale »

What purpose can you see for it?
The EVO is a spring lever and is usually left to do it;s own thing.
Are you looking to manipulate the lever during extraction or just curious about what the standard profile looks like?

I'm not trying to be judgemental here but I am looking at a Vostok and I can't see where the smart profiler would help.

I can see possible uses on a direct lever.

Cuprajake

#3: Post by Cuprajake »

on a lever imo totally pointless,

i think you need to just decide on a machine and buy it. you are way over analyzing it.

the new vostok is around 3800 euro, with a whole host of features, but its a big boy,

personally id say get an evo its pretty much the most advanced lever out there for good value too.

Amberale

#4: Post by Amberale replying to Cuprajake »

I don't think you are referring to me, butt, to horribly misquote the Renault ad from years ago.
"I like big levers I cannot lie, You otha brothas can't deny" :D

I agree that there is a lot of over-analysis paralysis on the forums/fora and some folks need to just jump in and start making coffee.

macaber8 (original poster)

#5: Post by macaber8 (original poster) »

Yes. To intervene a natural process and gain knowledge and data of what actually happened.

#6: Post by macaber8 (original poster) »

Cuprajake wrote:on a lever imo totally pointless,

i think you need to just decide on a machine and buy it. you are way over analyzing it.

the new vostok is around 3800 euro, with a whole host of features, but its a big boy,

personally id say get an evo its pretty much the most advanced lever out there for good value too.
I placed an order for the Vesuvius EVO Leva. Takes couple weeks to make.

Cuprajake

#7: Post by Cuprajake »

Congratulations on your new purchase.

The weeks wait will give you time to sort water

What's your plan for good water :mrgreen:

#8: Post by macaber8 (original poster) replying to Cuprajake »

Thanks. I live in the bay area. Water is generally pretty good I heard. Although, I tried to taste it myself and it is pretty bad. What I usually do is filter the water, broil the water. Wait for it to cool down, and then drink them. It sounds pretty complicated but now I am used to it.

#9: Post by macaber8 (original poster) »

Amberale wrote:I don't think you are referring to me, butt, to horribly misquote the Renault ad from years ago.
"I like big levers I cannot lie, You otha brothas can't deny" :D

I agree that there is a lot of over-analysis paralysis on the forums/fora and some folks need to just jump in and start making coffee.
Why is everyone say spring leva machine don't need pressure gauge or pressure profiler? User can still manipulate the process to get different results right?

baldheadracing
Team HB

#10: Post by baldheadracing replying to macaber8 »

Everyone? I guess maybe everyone who just wants to pull the lever and let the spring "manipulate the process" (a.k.a. me in the morning :D).

I suspect that some machines are more attuned to "manipulate the process" than others, e.g., the decents. In levers, I would say that direct levers are more attuned to "manipulate the process" than spring levers. That doesn't mean that a spring machine is not capable of being used that way, but perhaps there is something in the SEP being first developed and sold (and reviewed by JH) for the Cremina.

For the SEP on the Evo: if the SEP gives you data that you want to analyze, then I would get it. I would suggest asking for one with a 90-degree elbow fitting so that the SEP doesn't stick straight out at you.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada