Vesuvius Evo Leva + Smart Espresso Profiler - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
macaber8 (original poster)

#11: Post by macaber8 (original poster) »

baldheadracing wrote:Everyone? I guess maybe everyone who just wants to pull the lever and let the spring "manipulate the process" (a.k.a. me in the morning :D).

I suspect that some machines are more attuned to "manipulate the process" than others, e.g., the decents. In levers, I would say that direct levers are more attuned to "manipulate the process" than spring levers. That doesn't mean that a spring machine is not capable of being used that way, but perhaps there is something in the SEP being first developed and sold (and reviewed by JH) for the Cremina.

For the SEP on the Evo: if the SEP gives you data that you want to analyze, then I would get it. I would suggest asking for one with a 90-degree elbow fitting so that the SEP doesn't stick straight out at you.
This is extremely interesting to me
Lever Espresso Machine Flow Profiles

I would imagine these profile makes a significant difference to the taste. Maybe not to the ones that I like, milk based drinks, but for straight espresso, probably yes. The wify drinks straight espresso, and I sometimes try a little. It is indeed a different world.

Cuprajake

#12: Post by Cuprajake »

if you can distill and add potassium bicarb then you will never need to descale, like wise you can use ro water,

i belive they were talking of adding drain valves as stock to the bottom of the evo boilers

macaber8 (original poster)

#13: Post by macaber8 (original poster) »

Hi Cupeajake,

Do you know that is exactly the portafilter size of the Vesuvius? I'm trying to get a rotational distributor to the perfect size.

Amberale

#14: Post by Amberale »

Hey Ray.
The almost unanimous consensus is that distribution tools don't work.
Competition baristas use them because one of the things they are judged on in some competitions is how flawlessly level their baskets are before tamping.
The basket seems to vary.
55mm tampers work with IMS baskets but not stock.
Stock seems to want a 54.7mm tamper???

Cuprajake

#15: Post by Cuprajake »

I've upgraded to the ims basket

Part number B662Th26M

I find them better than stock, there easier to dose as you don't need as much.

We all tend to use around 16-17g

They do require a larger tamper, which is around 54.7mm

Bravo make a very nice one,

If you want alot of info on the Evo then there's a cracking thread here https://coffeetime.freeflarum.com/d/10- ... s-evo-leva