User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 92

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
John49

#911: Post by John49 »

Silentsim wrote:Hi all

My pucks after pulling a 15g shot look like this, which I am not sure why. Curious any input. I do WDT in the basket and tamp with a levelling tamper before pulling.

A paper filter on top or one of these https://coffee-sensor.com/product/secon ... -pre-mill/, would help and keep your shower screen clean, as well.

Silentsim

#912: Post by Silentsim replying to John49 »

Will test that right now...have an SWORKS one available to me.

cyclezib

#913: Post by cyclezib »

My opinion, the paper filters work better than the Sworks Design. Try both and see if you agree.

truemagellen

#914: Post by truemagellen »

Silentsim wrote:Hi all

My pucks after pulling a 15g shot look like this, which I am not sure why. Curious any input. I do WDT in the basket and tamp with a levelling tamper before pulling.

When I see this it is usually lifting the lever too quickly or not fully depressing the lever at the end of the shot (even if you stop the shot early and pull the cup then depress the lever all the way to reduce water above puck before removing PF).

When lifting lever also hold lever at the top for a second or two during the preinfusion to make sure any bubbles evacuate.

Hope this helps.

Raja
Supporter ♡

#915: Post by Raja »

Just ordered a CT2 with Cocobolo accents. This will be my first lever machine. My current setup is a Decent DE1 and Bentwood V63. Looking forward to the completely manual approach in contrast to the extremely digital DE1.

erik82

#916: Post by erik82 »

Very nice. Looking forward to how they compare tastewise. The CT2 is a gem in terms of shot quality.

Raja
Supporter ♡

#917: Post by Raja »

Yes, I think I'm in for a steep learning curve, but the results will be more than worth it.

Corgo

#918: Post by Corgo replying to Raja »

I think it's a very shallow learning curve to get 80% of the result from the strietman and that last 20% is "steep" but honestly it's pretty easy to pull good shots.

Raja
Supporter ♡

#919: Post by Raja »

Anyone from the UK, in here? If someone would be willing to share recipes for beans and water mixes, I'd appreciate it.

Word_salad

#920: Post by Word_salad »

Is this a mini Strietman or is Wouter just huge