User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 79

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Amberale

#781: Post by Amberale »

17 in the 18g basket, medium-dark.

erik82

#782: Post by erik82 »

I almost exclusively use the 15gr basket. For dark roasts 13,5-14gr, medium and lighter roasts will do 14,5-15,5 depending on roast level and bean type. If the top of the tamper base falls under the basket rim you're good in terms of headspace for the 15gr basket.

renatoa

#783: Post by renatoa »

jley08 wrote:
Puck screen that's incredibly thin and easy to clean by sworksdesgin
Looks like an Aeropress metal filter... :?

erik82

#784: Post by erik82 »

jley08 wrote:image

Puck screen that's incredibly thin and easy to clean by sworksdesgin
Looks really nice. I just ordered two of them as shiping was more expensive then one of them. No more cutting up aeropress filters which I've been doing for years.

Hudson

#785: Post by Hudson »

I finally decided to purchase a pressure gauge last night. I'm excited to receive and find out what pressure I actually pull my shots at.

Those who are using a gauge, is there a specific profile you use in general? I'm planning on starting with a spring-lever profile.
LMWDP #534

Zybane

#786: Post by Zybane »

Does anyone know if there is a smaller basket that would fit this machine? My girlfriend says the 15g basket is too strong for her lattes. I was thinking like a 9-12g?

truemagellen

#787: Post by truemagellen replying to Zybane »

Just under dose for now. Yes I will end up with a watery puck. There are much smaller baskets down to 7g if u like. Look at Cremina or Elektra baskets.

Zybane

#788: Post by Zybane »

Ya I just noticed with under-dosing, there is very little pressure which I'm sure means channeling.

truemagellen

#789: Post by truemagellen replying to Zybane »

A grind adjustment will be needed for lowering the dose since there is less resistance.

You can also use a puck screen or paper filter to reduce the messy puck and pour off the excess water after the shot. A sintered stainless puck screen will take up headspace too when you are under dosing.

dak

#790: Post by dak »

Zybane wrote:Does anyone know if there is a smaller basket that would fit this machine? My girlfriend says the 15g basket is too strong for her lattes. I was thinking like a 9-12g?
I normally dose between 10-12g in the 15g basket with no issues. Finer grind is definitely needed and puck will be watery but really not a big issue. Also I use the thin puck screens from Tudor (Coffee Sensor) on top of the puck
★ Helpful