User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 78

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
jley08

#771: Post by jley08 »

Puck screen that's incredibly thin and easy to clean by sworksdesgin

Hudson

#772: Post by Hudson »

I just ordered one of those this morning! I have been noticing that some roasts tend to spill out of the basket and into group gasket when I disengage the portafilter.

I'm hoping that the puck screen helps keep the group clean when I'm quick to take the portafilter off after pulling a shot.
LMWDP #534

tompoland

#773: Post by tompoland »

duplicate, not sure how to delete.
Some people drink coffee to wake up, I wake up to drink coffee.

tompoland

#774: Post by tompoland »

I have both and the Strietman CT2 and Flair 58 with the former being a much easier machine to use and with better quality everything.

Personally, I use the Flair 58 as a travel lever and to me, the initial design was not well thought through. The cables needed to be arranged in a certain way, and new fixes came out later for the stem guide, a new hook was offered when my original one stopped working and more. They didn't test the thing for long enough. I still enjoy using it and it makes a great espresso but it ain't no Strietman.

Chrikelnel

#775: Post by Chrikelnel »

Curious about what everybody's usual dose is with the CT2. I almost always stick to 16 grams in the 18 basket.

RyanP

#776: Post by RyanP »

I pretty much stick to 13.5-14g in the 15g basket, mainly light roasts

Corgo

#777: Post by Corgo »

Chrikelnel wrote:Curious about what everybody's usual dose is with the CT2. I almost always stick to 16 grams in the 18 basket.
Depends on the beans. I have used 18g and 15g for medium roast in 18g basket and I have used 13g light roast in the 15g basket.

buddman
Supporter ♡

#778: Post by buddman »

It really does depend on the beans and roast. I almost always use the 15 gm basket with between 13 and 14.5 grams of coffee. Most of the time I use under 14 grams.
Some drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

tompoland

#779: Post by tompoland »

Agree,

dark roasts - 14 grams

medium roasts - 15 grams

light roasts - 16 grams or thereabouts (I don't use light roasts with the CT2 so this is a guess)

Word_salad

#780: Post by Word_salad »

I do everything 15g in the 18g basket and just adjust grind size. I only have one grinder and I'm hitting both ends of the roast spectrum. I found I can't adjust dose enough to keep grind size the same, so I try to only change one variable.