User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 76

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
zix

#751: Post by zix »

I seem to remember it took some time for me too. The one I had problems with was the original. If you have a vice you may be able to push it out with another soft metal pin or a hardwood pin (a 6 mm wood plug may work), but first put some 5-56 or WD40 in there.
LMWDP #047

Corgo

#752: Post by Corgo »

tompoland wrote:I pre-ordered the adaptor from https://sworksdesign.com/Twist-Lock-Fun ... p496362088 a couple of weeks ago.

He has a few pre-orders (including mine) and needs ten in total before he gets them made.

Just saying....
I am on the fence because of price. $200 is pretty steep so I am debating the adapter can the 49mm magnetic funnel.

erik82

#753: Post by erik82 »

I replaced mine with the Gabor kit after 2 years of use and it was really stuck. I can also remember it took me quite a while to get it out and I have a lot of tools but wasn't able to get it out myself. Eventually I went to a friend (a machine workshop will also do) who does work a lot on cars and had some tools for pushing out bearings and other stuff. He preheated everything and it was out in under a minute.

Maybe if you have a vise and a pin punch you can get it out using a hammer.

Hudson

#754: Post by Hudson »

How are folks liking the pressure gauge? I've been on the fence about getting one for some time, but the steep price (especially once you add the lid!) has held me back.

I'm getting excellent espresso already, but I am curious what pressure/profile I do now. I'm also not sure how I would use the gauge to get better results in the cup.
LMWDP #534

erik82

#755: Post by erik82 »

I love it. Had been using the CT1 for years without it but being able to see what your doing improved everything even more. I wouldn't want to be without one anymore. With the gauge you really know when you're pullng straight 9 bar shots, 9-6 bar of 7-4 of whatever you want. And to reproduce results is also easier.

John49

#756: Post by John49 »

Hudson wrote:How are folks liking the pressure gauge? I've been on the fence about getting one for some time, but the steep price (especially once you add the lid!) has held me back.

I'm getting excellent espresso already, but I am curious what pressure/profile I do now. I'm also not sure how I would use the gauge to get better results in the cup.
If you want to get a feel for how much pressure you now exert place the Strietman on a bathroom scale. With your palm at the extreme end of the handle, 33 lb. would correspond to 9 bar. Other pressures would be proportion.

Chrikelnel
Supporter

#757: Post by Chrikelnel »

Corgo wrote:I am on the fence because of price. $200 is pretty steep so I am debating the adapter can the 49mm magnetic funnel.
The way I see it the main draws of the adapter would be if you have a grinder with non-adjustable 58mm forks or you want to use a 58mm portafilter and the Strietman portafilter with the same grinder. I only use the Strietman portafilter with my monolith so I just have the forks set to a distance where I can rest the portafilter on top of them and have never had any issues.

The SWORKS 49mm funnel is great though, fits perfectly with the Strietman portafilter.

Corgo

#758: Post by Corgo replying to Chrikelnel »

This basically my expected use case but still seems quite expensive for a funnel. Currently use Ceado e37sd, which the magnetic funnel would be perfect. However, I have a Lagom p100 on order and it seems like I am stuck with a 58mm portafilter if I want to use the prongs. I think I am still going to end up getting it because I would need to hold it by the spout otherwise.

jley08

#759: Post by jley08 »

So an update on the removing the pin from the piston.

I contacted gabor, he said to leave it sitting on descaling solution over night. I did that, and it did not work.

I didnt want to bring this to a metal workshop, and something just goes wrong.

So I contacted Wouter and he will send me an extra piston arm for the pressure gauge. But will charge me for it of course.

So now its the waiting game for that part to arrive.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#760: Post by LBIespresso »

Did you try sticking it in the freezer for an hour?
LMWDP #580