User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 68

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Hudson

#671: Post by Hudson »

I am using a Pyxis with my CT2. All of my normal cups fit under, some with more room than others.

If I bought another scale today, I would get the lunar. It has much better battery life and seems to receive more frequent updates from Acacia. That said, I'm quite happy with my Pyxis.
LMWDP #534

Rabh

#672: Post by Rabh replying to Hudson »

Oh thanks, that's good to hear. Do you happen to know what the largest height cup that would fit, on top of the pyxis?

Advertisement
Hudson

#673: Post by Hudson »

Rabh wrote: Oh thanks, that's good to hear. Do you happen to know what the largest height cup that would fit, on top of the pyxis?
Unfortunately my answer is "it depends". Virtually all of my demitasse cups will fit. The fellow Monty are the tallest that reasonably will work.

Some even larger cups, like my NotNeutral cap cups actually go around the portafilter and fit, but provide no visibility to the shot.

Here are some photos... Please excuse the mess, it's been a long week.
A loveramics demitasse, not neutral cap cup, and a cup that should be too tall, but still works.

LMWDP #534

Amberale

#674: Post by Amberale »

I have a CT-1, so a little less head space than the CT-2.
I find that I get a perfect 17-34 shot every time so no need to weigh.
I could easily stop earlier for a lower ratio and I think I could probably go as far as 17-40 if I was mad enough to want to.
I scour the opportunity shops for glasses and recently found some lovely French Duralex glasses that just fit under the CT-1.
I pour from that to a 200ml glass and add hot water and milk.
Yes, she is dirty and overdue for her half yearly polish. :(

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#675: Post by LBIespresso »

From an email from Wouter dated December 2020, "The space between drip tray and filter holder is 7,3 cm on the CT2."

I find that most of my cups fit with the pyxis. For the cups that don't, I can use them for my 1:2.5-3 shots where I don't weigh until after the pull.

I'm pretty sure the Fellow Monty cups won't fit at all.

Love my CT2
LMWDP #580

erik82

#676: Post by erik82 »

Strigops wrote:Mine is a bit tight with a packed basket, but loose without a packed basket (to the extent that if I accidentally bump it it'll fall off). What is yours like without the basket in?
Then you're overdosing. The puck will hit the screen and be compressed by putting the portafilter in. You're pushing the portafilter down as it doesn't have enough space to turn in normal and thus creating a lot of friction.

Corgo

#677: Post by Corgo »

LBIespresso wrote:From an email from Wouter dated December 2020, "The space between drip tray and filter holder is 7,3 cm on the CT2."

I find that most of my cups fit with the pyxis. For the cups that don't, I can use them for my 1:2.5-3 shots where I don't weigh until after the pull.

I'm pretty sure the Fellow Monty cups won't fit at all.

Love my CT2
I have been doing a bit of research on what cups should fit since my ct2 is arriving today and my go to cups won't fit. The fellow Monty demitasse is 2.25 inches tall or 57.15mm and the Pyxis is 13mm tall. This gives it a total height if 70.15mm and ct2 has a clearance if 73mm as per their website. The fellow Monty demitasse should fit with a Pyxis.

Advertisement
LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#678: Post by LBIespresso replying to Corgo »

I don't have any to try but if they do fit, they look pretty nice. LMK. I'll probably order some if they do.
LMWDP #580

km6064

#679: Post by km6064 »

CT2 came yesterday and landed safe! Well packaged. Overall it's a beaut. few little annoyances wonder if anyone else has experienced?

Hard black build up in a few places, most noticeable in the drip tray plate that's pretty annoying to have to go in and try to chip off with an awl and all the scratching potential involved there. I guess this is hardened wax or polish maybe?

I think someone else mentioned a while back about some dripping from the edge/seal of the shower screen when lifting the handle/flushing, I have some of that, not sure if an issue and maybe will settle, but is a bit annoying that the water not coming solely through the shower screen holes...I popped off the shower screen and the edge is definitely not perfectly circular and there was a metal shard loose too. The shower screen doesn't seem like the same sort of quality as other parts IMO

On first flush, a load of coffee grounds came through in the bowl, I imagine its from testing, but not ideal that it clearly wasn't flushed through after testing.

the drilled hole on my handle isn't perfectly centred, and the grub screw don't tighten flush as it says they should in the manual....but seems secure. Small thing but lot of these details add up I guess :|

All relatively minor things I suppose, and overall the machine is really beautiful, first shot came out great too!
The only thing I guess that's lasting is the dripping from the edges around the shower screen, I'll mention all to Wouter see what he says.

On other people's issues my portafilter is super easy to put on with no basket, and fairly tough to get on with a basket but not horrendous and not leaving any black marks or anything.

Have a Pyxis scale and it fits most of the small cups I have with it, but thinking I'll try to ditch the scales and get a feel for the machine by the flow look and timing eventually.

Hudson

#680: Post by Hudson »

LBIespresso wrote:I don't have any to try but if they do fit, they look pretty nice. LMK. I'll probably order some if they do.
The Monty cups just barely fit with a pyxis. I don't recommend the cups though, they have a plastic bottom that makes them feel very cheap IMO.
LMWDP #534