User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 64

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
erik82

#631: Post by erik82 »

Corgo wrote:Do you mean by sliding or by picking it up? Thanks for the clarification!
You can pick it up easily but you can probably also slide it out when it's on it's feet. It's just really easy as it just doesn't weigh that much.

donn

#632: Post by donn »

What's likely to happen if a CT2 has been left on, and it runs dry?

Advertisement
erik82

#633: Post by erik82 »

You'll ruin your seals instead of the heating element as with a normal design. It just runs very hot and can trip the safety switch. Wouter did do a test and his machine was just fine after (I thought) 1 hour of running dry.

Corgo

#634: Post by Corgo »

erik82 wrote:You can pick it up easily but you can probably also slide it out when it's on it's feet. It's just really easy as it just doesn't weigh that much.
Great! One last question, which wood? Wenge or rosewood? Maybe padauk?

erik82

#635: Post by erik82 »

That's up to you as it's completely personal preference :wink: .

tompoland

#636: Post by tompoland »

See what you think matches best with the rest of your set up, e.g. bench color, grinder.
Corgo wrote:Great! One last question, which wood? Wenge or rosewood? Maybe padauk?
A little obsessed.

Corgo

#637: Post by Corgo »

tompoland wrote:See what you think matches best with the rest of your set up, e.g. bench color, grinder.
All three listed and walnut all would work. Wouter answered my email very quickly with better images of the wood finishes themselves. Down to walnut or rosewood. Asked in the pictures on strietman website, I would have picked walnut. Most of the sold listings do not specify the wood color but I am leaning towards this listing color, which I think is walnut? [SOLD] Strietman CT2

Advertisement
dak

#638: Post by dak »

That's my CT2! And yes it's walnut. Looks beautiful and soft and in my opinion lets the copper and brass be the star of the show.

Corgo

#639: Post by Corgo »

Well Wouter told me they only had one rosewood left and that was my top pick. So as any sane person (on home barista at least) I had to buy it right away even though I had no intentions of upgrading my espresso machine just a week ago.

Word_salad

#640: Post by Word_salad »

If you still have both can you comment on the differences between the Strietman and the Pavoni? I'm looking to sell the pavoni and get a strietman but I'm considering keeping it around for the occasional cap.