User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 62

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
tompoland

#611: Post by tompoland »

erik82 wrote:Look at the video. Red light on means heating element is off and vice versa. As the heating element heats the group (and the group heats the water) and not the water the effects are a bit delayed.
Thanks, great video, very clear.
A little obsessed.

erik82

#612: Post by erik82 replying to tompoland »

Zybane

#613: Post by Zybane »

I'm interested in purchasing the CT2. I see it says the water pathway is lined with stainless steel. Does no water contact bronze anywhere? If it does, is the bronze lead-free?

truemagellen

#614: Post by truemagellen replying to Zybane »

Correct the CT2 is all stainless. The brass and copper which is on the portafilter, surrounds the stainless brew cylinder, and the top funnel is all lead free as well.

Zybane

#615: Post by Zybane »

Great, going to order today. Looks like 2 weeks lead time. How long it usually take to ship from Holland to the US?

Zybane

#616: Post by Zybane »

Are there any must have items I should order on the website along with the CT2 besides a maintenance kit?

Chrikelnel

#617: Post by Chrikelnel replying to Zybane »

Nothing I would really say is necessary but an extra shower screen wouldn't hurt in case you mess yours up getting it off for cleaning. Also you should get a funnel but I don't know if I would necessarily get the Strietman one because of how short it is, I'm a big fan of my Sworks funnel personally.

Zybane

#618: Post by Zybane replying to Chrikelnel »

I ordered the CT2 with European Walnut, two maintenance kits and two extra shower screens. I did not order the Strietman funnel, as like you, I think I will prefer the Sworks magnetic funnel.

What grinders are you guys using with your Striemans? It seems to find something that wouldn't clash looks wise with the Strietman.

Chrikelnel

#619: Post by Chrikelnel »

Zybane wrote:What grinders are you guys using with your Striemans? It seems to find something that wouldn't clash looks wise with the Strietman.
I have mine next to a blacked out Monolith with matching wood cap, though the 'microscope' look isn't for everyone. Personally my favorite grinders on the market aesthetically apart from this are the Lagom P64 and Olympia Moca SD.

Ignore how dusty the Striet is, I cleaned it right after.

tompoland

#620: Post by tompoland »

I have the CT2 paired with a Malwani Livi

A little obsessed.
★ Helpful