User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 56

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
jz_coffee
Supporter ♡

#551: Post by jz_coffee »

Anybody try these cups out? They look like a current replacement for the the Inker Ischa with the same 41mm height. Not as thick walled though unfortunately.

https://idrinkcoffee.com/products/inker ... 10754#desc

YornGauge15

#552: Post by YornGauge15 »

Does anyone know if the Kruve Propel glasses fit in the CT2?

Advertisement
John49

#553: Post by John49 replying to YornGauge15 »

No, but the Bodum Pavina do.

YornGauge15

#554: Post by YornGauge15 »

Ah okay thanks John will check them out

John49

#555: Post by John49 replying to YornGauge15 »

You can also watch the the reflection of the shower screen in the mirrored finish of the drip tray cover at the start and see every drop that falls into the cup.

Newfie

#556: Post by Newfie »

Newfie wrote:Hello,

I've been looking more and more into the CT2. I love the look of it, the little maintenance it seems to require and I have only ever read good things about the taste it cup. I'm in Canada so I'm usually looking at paying a premium for nice machines here. I was wondering if there are any other Canadian customers here that could tell me what I might be looking at in terms of duties/taxes. Trying not to be surprised if I get a crazy high delivery fee.

Thanks!
For any other Canadians interested in this, I had to pay an extra $423 to get this shipped to me. GST was only $137 but I got dinged by "Other Government Fees" for $273. (I think it's the PST)

Pretty close to what I was expecting so not too surprised. Looking forward to getting my hands on the machine soon!

louisr

#557: Post by louisr »

So after waiting about 10 days for my purchase to ship, and another 10 days for customs/FDA to clear the package for delivery, I finally received my new CT2 this week! The bad news: it showed up the day before I left for vacation, so I only had the chance to pull a couple of shots before leaving town, but so far I am very happy with the purchase and excited to experiment more!

A question for more experienced users: how do you empty your spent grounds from the basket? On my previous machine the basket "snapped in" to the portafilter so it was easy to turn upside down and smack it on the top of my compost bin (or knock box). But since the basket doesn't snap into the Strietman portafilter, I can't really do this I don't think. Pulling the basket out with my hands seems like a recipe for burnt fingertips, unless I let it sit on the counter for a few minutes first. So what do you all do?

Advertisement
truemagellen

#558: Post by truemagellen »

louisr wrote:
A question for more experienced users: how do you empty your spent grounds from the basket? On my previous machine the basket "snapped in" to the portafilter so it was easy to turn upside down and smack it on the top of my compost bin (or knock box). But since the basket doesn't snap into the Strietman portafilter, I can't really do this I don't think. Pulling the basket out with my hands seems like a recipe for burnt fingertips, unless I let it sit on the counter for a few minutes first. So what do you all do?
I'm a burnt fingertip type user but sometimes I swap between 2 baskets to help it cool. I tap out on a counter that slides into garbage.

But u can use one finger to hold the basket in, that is the old La Pavoni way...also a nice burnt finger

And if u really want to get crazy remove the basket, and blow it out to see how far you can dislodge it where you invariably miss the garbage and it explodes all over the floor.

:lol:

cyclezib

#559: Post by cyclezib »

I simply take the portafilter with the basket and turn it upside down into my knockbox. The basket then falls out of the portafilter, I then pick it up and knock the puck out by hitting the basket against the knockbox's bar.

buddman
Supporter ♡

#560: Post by buddman »

I pry the basket from the portafilter with my fingernail and place it face up in my sink. The metal from the sink cools the basket and grounds in less than a minute. I then just tap it on my knockbox and the puck falls out with the basket perfectly clean. A quick rinse of the basket, dry it with my towel and I am ready to grind for another shot. I have two 18 gram baskets and could easily rotate them, but I much prefer the 15 gram baskets. Think I will order another 15 gram basket pretty soon.
Some drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.