User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 46

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Chrikelnel

#451: Post by Chrikelnel »

renatoa wrote:US customs aren't the same for all states.
Duty is handled federally and is independent of State. Where are you getting this information?

renatoa

#452: Post by renatoa »

Worked for/on US market the last 18 years, and did some imports over time... NJ, if that matters.

Alestz
Supporter

#453: Post by Alestz »

Pulled the trigger for a new CT2 yesterday! Lead time is only 1 week currently, so super excited to try it out in the near future. I've been trying to scan this thread many pages back but any quality of life tips or quirks that a new owner should know about?

Ad-85

#454: Post by Ad-85 »

Congrats and you'll love it.

https://coffee-sensor.com/product/secon ... -pre-mill/

Get 3-4 of these. I got 1 and lost it :cry:
LMWDB #691

Alestz
Supporter

#455: Post by Alestz »

thanks for the recommendation! Is that screen similar in performance as the bplus version? I am using a bplus screen for my LMLM which massively improved cleanliness. The 30$ shipping fee for bplus makes me cringe though..

truemagellen
Supporter ♡

#456: Post by truemagellen » replying to Alestz »

AD likes coffee sensor screen, I like bplus. Can't go wrong with either. Coffee sensor is easier to clean and the bplus is a bit more of a heat sink but with the design of piston/boiler it's not an issue since it balances temp easily during preinfusion. I believe the bplus works slightly better.

Congrats on new Strietman btw.

renatoa

#457: Post by renatoa »

Coffee sensor screens are laser cut in Eastern Europe, from big mesh plates of three types, one of them being very close to bplus, ask the guy for details, he is responsive.

jz_coffee
Supporter ♡

#458: Post by jz_coffee »

Congrats and please share your experience here when you are up and running. I am considering one myself. Cheers! Jon

truemagellen
Supporter ♡

#459: Post by truemagellen »

renatoa wrote:Coffee sensor screens are laser cut in Eastern Europe, from big mesh plates of three types, one of them being very close to bplus, ask the guy for details, he is responsive.
Oh nice I didn't know Tudor makes a sintered stainless one for strietman/LP I'll check it out.

Ad-85

#460: Post by Ad-85 »

Alestz wrote:thanks for the recommendation! Is that screen similar in performance as the bplus version? I am using a bplus screen for my LMLM which massively improved cleanliness. The 30$ shipping fee for bplus makes me cringe though..
As Jay said, I really like this thin screen and I got the 58.5 for my other machine. I might buy the 49.5 soon to replace my lost screen.
LMWDB #691