User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 38

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
tompoland

#371: Post by tompoland »

PS I emailed Wouter about filter papers and great man that he is, he responded quickly to say that he does not use them at all.
A little obsessed.

Gargamel40

#372: Post by Gargamel40 »

I'm thinking about a lever espresso machine combined with a good hand grinder. I'm a novice in this and used bean to cup machine until now. I still plan to use it (and wife also) but i would love to experiment and work on better espresso during weekends with lever machine.

After checking many lever machine i also saw Strietman and reviews are fantastic. Can someone explain how quickly is it ready to brew and can you pull 2 double espressos one after another?

My wish is to have a quick warming up, hand grinder, tamping and pulling two great shots. And little cleaning :)

harris

#373: Post by harris »

Heat up ~20min, 2 shots 3min, Clean-up 5min. So under 30min for everything. I love HG-2 Strietman combo, couldn't be easier.

John49

#374: Post by John49 »

Heat up time is 8 minutes, with additional baskets you can do back to back shots. I've use a Kinu M47 if you are thinking about a manual grinder.

Chrikelnel

#375: Post by Chrikelnel »

Gargamel40 wrote:I'm thinking about a lever espresso machine combined with a good hand grinder. I'm a novice in this and used bean to cup machine until now. I still plan to use it (and wife also) but i would love to experiment and work on better espresso during weekends with lever machine.

After checking many lever machine i also saw Strietman and reviews are fantastic. Can someone explain how quickly is it ready to brew and can you pull 2 double espressos one after another?

My wish is to have a quick warming up, hand grinder, tamping and pulling two great shots. And little cleaning :)
Have you considered a Cafelat Robot or Flair 58 to test the waters? I started with a Robot and while I love my Strietman and don't regret it, it's definitely an upgrade of diminishing returns. You could even sell either of the aforementioned machines and get most of your money back if you decide to upgrade to a Strietman, though I personally kept my Robot for travel.

Gargamel40

#376: Post by Gargamel40 »

I did think about it. Flair 58 and Robot. I give Flair some advantage because i would love to work with 58mm portafilter and Robot doesn't even have a proper heavy portafilter. I have no idea which one makes better espresso and can do 2 shots in a row easier.

I have to check reviews.

harris

#377: Post by harris »

John49 wrote:Heat up time is 8 minutes, with additional baskets you can do back to back shots. I've use a Kinu M47 if you are thinking about a manual grinder.
8min? I pull sour until roughly 15min, 20min is fool proof for me.

dak

#378: Post by dak »

I mostly pull very lightly roasted coffees (Roast Vision 26-30) as ristrettos; no sourness, and super sweet. I do have mine set at the hottest setting, but 8 minutes is more than adequate time to heat up the CT2 IMO. You can speed things up by adding pre boiled water from a kettle if you want.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#379: Post by LBIespresso »

I too agree with the 7-8 minutes for the first shot but you need to pay attention to the heat cycle. The on off cycles are more frequent earlier on. after 20 minutes or so it settles into a predictable rhythm.
LMWDP #580

pj.walczak

#380: Post by pj.walczak »

Here you can find some measurement of CT2 temparutes.

https://thelevermag.com/pages/issue-3
---

Pawel