User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 32

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Ad-85

#311: Post by Ad-85 »

I'm loving ristrettos 1:1 and espressos 1:1.5-1:1.9
CT2/MAX is a match made in heaven :roll: I'm back using the bigger baskets (I still use the smaller basket with the same grind sitting). Let's hear your thoughts on ratio/time..etc.
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

drH

#312: Post by drH »

Curious about the space needed for the machine.
My cabinets are just about 17 inches from the counter... will that be high enough to comfortably fill the water and use the lever?

I think raising the lever will be OK since it will jut out beyond the cabinets.

Advertisement
Ad-85

#313: Post by Ad-85 replying to drH »

Wouter called and told me that there is a machine with your name on it and it's ready for shipping! Just do it Doc! Don't fight the temptation! Surrender yourself to the magical world of open boiler machines. You will know once you get it that you should've done it a lot sooner! But hey!! Better late than never :mrgreen:
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#314: Post by LBIespresso replying to Ad-85 »

What he said...you will forever look at your Cremina in a different light. Not worse but different.

Also, I move mine forward on my counter to use it and the shelf above can limit my pull. I use this to my advantage by knowing how far to pull out the machine for a 1:1 vs a 1:2.5. This saves me water.
LMWDP #580

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#315: Post by LBIespresso »

TheodorAdorno wrote:Does anyone know if ...

It matters or not whether you leave water in the CT2 when it is turned off and cold? Or is it better to drain it when it is idle?

Cheers,

Paul.
Using Pavlis water here (KHCO3 plus distilled) and I top off and the end of every session. So I keep it full when not in use but I use it nearly every day. I guess if I went more than 3 days without I might have to think about it. I too am curious what others do.
LMWDP #580

txxt

#316: Post by txxt »

drH wrote:Curious about the space needed for the machine.
My cabinets are just about 17 inches from the counter... will that be high enough to comfortably fill the water and use the lever?

I think raising the lever will be OK since it will jut out beyond the cabinets.
Per the specifications the CT2 is 42 cm tall
which translates to 16.5 inches roughly.

Im not sure half an inch clearance is comfortable enough but it "fits".

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#317: Post by LBIespresso »

I just measured mine and it is 16.5 inches to the highest point of the lever when down.

LMWDP #580

Advertisement
TheodorAdorno

#318: Post by TheodorAdorno »

LBIespresso wrote:Using Pavlis water here (KHCO3 plus distilled) and I top off and the end of every session. So I keep it full when not in use but I use it nearly every day. I guess if I went more than 3 days without I might have to think about it. I too am curious what others do.
I've emailed Wouter since it would be good to hear straight from the horse's mouth as the saying goes ...

Will report back.

Best,

Paul.

wojtowip

#319: Post by wojtowip »

I used to just leave it alone after a while, but then read about potential lead in brass, so stopped doing that at the moment. I'm not sure what the risk of lead leaching from brass is, but shorter contact time should reduce any risk, if any. Maybe I'm paranoid and This is not a risk.

My current routine is to fill it in the morning, leave the remaining water in for afternoon, than top off a bit more for afternoon shot and drain it once I'm done. That way nothing is sitting overnight.
LMWDP #694

Laddu

#320: Post by Laddu »

The interior where water sits is all stainless. Only the exterior is brass for the cylinder and copper for the cone.