User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 20

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Espressoman007

#191: Post by Espressoman007 »

Ad-85 wrote:New owner enters the ring.
Hey, you finally did it, congratulations!
My Monolith flat is on its way too, so we might be able to compare results.
You definitely won't regret it, you're gonna love CT2!
Now you have two amazing levers, enjoy!

Cheers!

Ad-85

#192: Post by Ad-85 »

Hey :mrgreen:
Congrats on the Monolith Flat. Actually, I've decided to postpone my Evo Leva's shipping til late October ~ (I blew up the final payment on CT2 after another delay on ACS's part!) I couldn't stay without espresso tbh and I'm looking forward to pulling shots on CT2.
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

drH

#193: Post by drH »

Ad-85 wrote:New owner enters the ring. Wouter just finished making my machine and it's scheduled for shipping on Tuesday. I chose Wenge wood and I hope it looks beautiful. I already got a bravo tamper so I ordered some bases from Gilberto and I ordered the bPlus dispersion screen as well (sadly I forgot to order all these before! I just placed my order yesterday and I hope they'll arrive on time). I've been eyeing CT1 for a while then CT2 was announced and I found myself always checking the website, reading this thread, asking owners and watching youtube! Dammit I resisted myself for a long time before finally caving in to my deepest desire of owning a CT2 and making shots with it. This machine can't arrive fast enough :mrgreen:
Congratulations! Like you, I have been lurking on the Strietman website for a long time. My Cremina is great so I don't NEED to get anything else, but wow I'd love to have one.
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts when it arrives and any comparisons you make to other levers.

Ad-85

#194: Post by Ad-85 replying to drH »

Hi drH! After all that time I realized it wasn't a passing phase of upgraditis but the urge to buy it is real :mrgreen: so when ACS delayed shipping for another month I jumped on it (will have to postpone that lever for a couple of months as a result but it's worth it). I'll be sharing my findings here with my fellow flying Dutchmen.
LMWDB #691

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#195: Post by LBIespresso »

drH wrote:Congratulations! Like you, I have been lurking on the Strietman website for a long time. My Cremina is great so I don't NEED to get anything else, but wow I'd love to have one.
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts when it arrives and any comparisons you make to other levers.
I love my cremina and feel like it is a significantly better learning tool as it is so easy to control many different variables. I also think it is easier repeat results with it. It is a forever machine.

But....The Strietman just pulls great shots with ease.

If I had them side by side (which I do not):

I would choose the Strietman if I was in a hurry (I don't even have it on a timer like my Cremina)
I would choose the Strietman when pulling a shot or 3 for just me.
I would choose the Cremina if I had to pull more shots or back to back shots
I would choose the Cremina if I really wanted to experiment and get to know a coffee.

Which one would I sell? Neither!

I thought long and hard about getting a commercial spring lever as my next machine and felt silly getting another manual lever but in hindsight, I have no regrets.
LMWDP #580

robeambro

#196: Post by robeambro »

Ad-85 wrote:New owner enters the ring. Wouter just finished making my machine and it's scheduled for shipping on Tuesday. I chose Wenge wood and I hope it looks beautiful. I already got a bravo tamper so I ordered some bases from Gilberto and I ordered the bPlus dispersion screen as well (sadly I forgot to order all these before! I just placed my order yesterday and I hope they'll arrive on time). I've been eyeing CT1 for a while then CT2 was announced and I found myself always checking the website, reading this thread, asking owners and watching youtube! Dammit I resisted myself for a long time before finally caving in to my deepest desire of owning a CT2 and making shots with it. This machine can't arrive fast enough :mrgreen:
Gosh the Evo Leva and the CT2 couldn't possibly be further apart! I also have wenge handles, they look neat.
I haven't bought the BPlus screen as shipping is extortionate so I'm waiting to see what the Lever Fever group comes up with.
I have discarded the Bravo when Gilberto told me he wouldn't do a custom size and only do 49.5, which is not precise enough for me. In theory, Normcore will launch a v4 in 49.7mm next month or so. Won't fit the looks but sometimes I prefer function over form.

Ad-85

#197: Post by Ad-85 »

I use a freight forwarder in Hong Kong (much cheaper than direct shipping). Gilberto is my go to guy for any base diameter I need. His craftsmanship is outstanding and he works fast. Not to mention the good price and low taxes. I asked for more specific diameters yesterday and he agreed to make them for me. Send him a mail again and tell him Abu Hatim sent me (reminds me of gangsters - I know a guy lol :mrgreen: ). Seriously tho, He'll make them for you.
LMWDB #691

robeambro

#198: Post by robeambro »

Well, a shame that he wouldn't do the same for me.
Oh well, his loss I guess. I don't feel comfortable asking for specific favours, I did ask if he could and he said no, so that's as far as I'll go..

Thanks for offering though, that's very kind of you.

Ad-85

#199: Post by Ad-85 »

Just received my CT2 today and made 3 shots. I threw the first shot, grind was too fine. The other 2 were the same shots I used to get from my robot.
Beans: 16g Vivace Dolce in the larger basket
Temperature: 88c
Grinder: Helor 106
The hot americanos were creamy and tasty. It's still weird to dose in the basket. So far I love it and I think it will shine in the light&medium realms. The robot only shines with dark roasts but the pre heating is tiring. I hope my tamper base for the bravo tamper and the bplus screen will arrive soon. The bplus is a must! The shower screen gets really messy.

Almost forgot! The heat up time is crazy fast! Have you guys timed the warm up time yet?
LMWDB #691

mikel

#200: Post by mikel »

For me, and the coffees I use, I found any more than 15 grams leads to less consistent shots. I assumed it was a head space issue. Most of the time I am at 14.5 grams.