User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 13

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
truemagellen

#121: Post by truemagellen »

Putting the scale under the drip grid or under the entire drip tray (tare with it) will help you if your scale is big.

Nuova Pointe cups are basically the same as these. Maybe a bit thicker but also very short

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#122: Post by LBIespresso »

This is the one thing holding me back from buying one. I emailed Wouter and his response below might be helpful:

"The space between drip tray and filter holder is 7,3 cm on the CT2. So with a low cup the acaia should fit."

I told him that was tight for me and he said he is working on a solution, "We can't make it any higher as this would make it less stable.
We are thinking about a build in scale in the bottom of the foot.. then you won't loose any height."

This thread inspired me to reach out again to see if he has made any progress on this idea. I will report back here if I hear anything new.
LMWDP #580

truemagellen

#123: Post by truemagellen »

I thought weighing the shot every time was just something people did in videos. You can just use a measuring shot glass, dial it in...then learn the shot volume by the height of the liquid in the cups you regularly use.

Strietman is a work of art so I wouldn't imagine him building it to fit a particular scale. I love the short shot height.

You certainly can take the drip tray grid out and use a pyxsis without issue I imagine? Or have a drip grid custom made at a water jet facility to fit a pyxsis scale in the center.

Or buy a used es3 and rig it for a scale which i could try on mine to help you with measurements if you would like?

erik82

#124: Post by erik82 »

I kind of really like it being that tight of a fit. With an occassional spritzer it doesn't make a lot of mess.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#125: Post by LBIespresso »

truemagellen wrote:
Or buy a used es3 and rig it for a scale which i could try on mine to help you with measurements if you would like?

I love the idea and look of the ES3. I wish he still made them. That would be the best solution.
LMWDP #580

robeambro

#126: Post by robeambro »

I've watched a few workflow videos and in most cases either the user did not wdt, or when they did, they used a funnel which left an indent in the basket. Is there a dosing funnel available that would sit on the outer rim?

I've read the dozen pages here and this wasn't discussed. I confess not having read the 70-something pages of the CT1 owners thread, hopefully you can excuse me if this has been discussed already!

erik82

#127: Post by erik82 »

The OE Ipanema funnel leaves a very small open space in the basket on the outer rim but that doesn't have any effect on the puck prep. Just tamp afterwards and everything is ok. No need to look for problems that don't exist. If you'd have a funnel with a 1cm rim then it could have an effect but not those very thin rims.

robeambro

#128: Post by robeambro »

Thanks Erik, I'll look into that specific funnel.
Well I'm trying to find reasons not to go ahead with the purchase so I'm afraid I want to find problems, of which there appear not to be many :D

I might ask a couple questions later today perhaps.

erik82

#129: Post by erik82 »

There are a lot of funnels but I like the OE Ipanema most as I can put the LWW Blind shaker on top of it as the top inner diameter is 58mm. There are also some funnels that fit over the top rim of the filterbasket but I don't like them as I shake my basket left to right to settle and level the grounds and those tend to come off if you do that.

robeambro

#130: Post by robeambro »

So, might have verbally agreed to an order. :lol: