User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 12

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Espressoman007

#111: Post by Espressoman007 »

truemagellen wrote:
Congrats on the CT2!!!!
Thank you!! I am excited. I've been checking it out for a few years now, it's almost unbelievable to me, from perspective at that time, that I am buying it now. And I almost fell for new arrivals. New Flair looks tempting, more like a real lever, less like a toy, the price is nice too. But I shook myself before making a stupid decision, I ordered CT2. It's one of a kind and I am really happy I will have one soon. I already have Lelit Bianca which I am more than happy with. I don't have bad shots since I bought it last year. But I am really excited for Strietman :)

I thought that construction you've added is a lot heavier. I thought that base is, perhaps, some brushed steel. Bars in the back look like aluminium, but the base tricked me. Looks solid and stable. I am also fan of iron, people don't use it often or hardly ever.
If you need it for travel, I get it, it's reasonable. I don't know how it works, but leave the construction, don't throw it away, it's cool.

Cheers!

Espressoman007

#112: Post by Espressoman007 »

truemagellen wrote:Love the robot but Strietman is a huge upgrade since you can pull multiple shots. Also I prefer a 49mm basket to 58mm on a lever particularly a manual one.
If the only advantage that Strietman has over Robot is to pull multiple shots, then I would be really disappointed, and I wouldn't call it a "huge upgrade".

I am really impressed with shots of CT2. I would never imagine that I could think it might be even better than Bianca which I have for a year now.

Is anybody with the gauge on CT2 willing to do an experiment and finally present a chart with the scale underneath the CT2 while pulling a shot. Like the one made for La Pavoni (which is not exactly at 9bar with 21kg force, it's rather 18kg). I would really appreciate if someone would do one.
Or can that chart be made by using calculation of given 21kg is equal 9bar, does that mean that those 2.33 can be multiplied by each "bar" to get the right force for a certain pressure. 1bar=2.33kg, 2bar=4.66kg, 3bar=6.99kg,....9bar=21kg

It's not that important to have it that precise but it would be cool to have something like that.

Cheers!

renatoa

#113: Post by renatoa »

Why we still should care about knowing bars with the levers?
They have a meaning with the pump machines, where you can't influence the pressure during extraction...
Exactly this is the reason of choosing a lever, you can modulate the pressure according to visual feedback of the flow, without the need of an instrument. The flow tells you the whole story, and allows to save an extraction that otherwise would be compromised on a pump machine, by applying different forces along the extraction.

Espressoman007

#114: Post by Espressoman007 »

Yup, you're absolutely right. Why would anyone even buy a gauge and install it afterwords, when it's completely unnecessary?
But wait, what's wrong with having a little fun? :)

Cheers!

erik82

#115: Post by erik82 »

Because you can reproduce all different profiles that you'd ever want and make it repeatable. I used my CT1 for 2 years and thousands of shots but after installing the gauge my shots got even better as I could see what I was doing and replicate certain profiles with much more ease.

Espressoman007

#116: Post by Espressoman007 replying to erik82 »

That's understandable, since I don't have a gauge, I read CT1 thread all the way through and found interesting things and one of many was that scale example (thank you for the idea), I think it's a great idea to have some feedback with scale readings. I've ordered a great Steinberg package scale (looking great too as a base for CT2) which should arrive in couple of days. I will follow results from La Pavoni's chart and take 9bar around 18kg (some says 21-22 kg) force. But as I said, if there is a chart for CT2 or CT1, that would be even better.

Cheers!

jnh

#117: Post by jnh »

Is anyone using a scale with their CT2?

I recently got the ct2 and couldn't be happier. It's my first espresso machine and while it seems almost too forgiving, it's obvious you can go deep. I know there's a fixed max to the amount of water you can pull through given the lever's throw and output weight isn't as relevant as on other machines but my inner nerd still wants to observe as I tweak, learn, feel.

Figure the Acaia Lunar or Pyxis is prob best bet but thought I'd see if anyone has experience with either and the clearance on the CT2. Thanks!

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#118: Post by mivanitsky »

I use Pyxis with CT2. You still need a short cup.

jnh

#119: Post by jnh replying to mivanitsky »

Thanks, that's helpful. How short is shot? :)

erik82

#120: Post by erik82 »

I use the Lunar and I can also use it for pourover.

I bought the Ischia cups from Nuova Ricambi:
https://nuovaricambi.net/en/product/971 ... scha-white
https://edobarista.com/en/product/8-cof ... e?tracker=

And the CT1 has even less space between the portafilter and driptray then the CT2.