User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 104

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Therethere

#1031: Post by Therethere »

Absolutely stunning!
Is that forced patina?

Starguru

#1032: Post by Starguru »

Im curious if folks have tried the 49.8 sworksdesign puck screen with the CT2. In this thread Ive seen the BPlus and Coffee Sensor screens mentioned. Is there any consensus around tradeoffs for these, or even if they are necessary?

erik82

#1033: Post by erik82 »

I've been using the Sworksdesign puck screen for over a year now on my CT1 and it fits perfectly. Keeps everything cleaner and give a bit better water dispersion. I'd recommend it as it's very thin and doesn't impact dose as much as thicker screens.

Starguru

#1034: Post by Starguru replying to erik82 »

@erik82, thanks for the response. Any other accessories you use? What about papers?

Word_salad

#1035: Post by Word_salad »

I also use the sworks puck screen and echo everything erik82 says, it's a pretty nice accessory. I doubt there's a large difference taste wise, but it does keep the shower screen cleaner and I notice less channeling,

I used papers for a while both above and below the puck. Ultimately stopped because I got the strietman mesh basket and that with the sworks puck screen accomplished the basically same thing with no waste. I will say the mesh filter basket takes a bit more work to clean, but it's not too bad.

Starguru

#1036: Post by Starguru replying to Word_salad »

Very good. I ordered my puck screen yesterday. My CT2 should arrive tomorrow :)

erik82

#1037: Post by erik82 »

I aslo don't use paper filters as I've got the Mesh filterbasket and the Sworksdesign Billet Basket and both don't need a bottom paper filter. I kind of never liked the bottom paper filter workflow.

DoubleR
Supporter ♡

#1038: Post by DoubleR »

Speaking of baskets.... I pulled a Black & White Roasters, Letty Bermudez, coffee today. It was great, my best tasting shot of the week and the first time I pulled the Letty on espresso instead of v60. I used my Kafatek MC6 at 80 rpm and the IMS mesh baskets on my CT2. Pulled with a 10s pre-infusion, and infused at a decreasing pressure from 8 bar down to around 6 over 30s. It's such a joy pulling from the CT2.
LMWDP #755

fldbls
Supporter ♡

#1039: Post by fldbls »

Hello,

Thank you for all the information in this thread--have read through everything with great interest.

I have owned a CT2 for around a week now (my first lever). I'm wondering what a proper preinfusion should feel like. When pushing down the lever with light to moderate pressure, I'm not able to get a continuous, smooth motion--instead the piston appears to move somewhat abruptly, in jolts.

Is this normal? Might I already have to relube the piston despite having pulled less than 20 shots?

Thank you!

Starguru

#1040: Post by Starguru »

Just received mine today, can't wait until tomorrow to try it out. Any tips for a beginner?

Did folks do any cleaning or flush any water through before brewing?