User Experience with the Strietman CT2 - Page 103

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
pj.walczak

#1021: Post by pj.walczak »

KanzaKruzer wrote: Any suggestions after watching these two pulls?
The only thing to reconsider/taste the difference is the preinfusion/ low pressure brewing.
I usually finish the preinfusion when puck is fully saturated = first drop in the cup, or if using mirror, the bottom of the basket with visible coffee drops. Once this is achieved you go to full pressure.
---

Pawel

KanzaKruzer

#1022: Post by KanzaKruzer »

After dialing in the PKE with the CT2 it has been relocated to the lake house. Lots more room to work with out there compared to my setup in town.

David

seanlam1234

#1023: Post by seanlam1234 »

After reading all the shares, i finally press the button.
I open the box at 14 Feb, as a Valentine's Day gift for myself :D

Starguru

#1024: Post by Starguru replying to seanlam1234 »

Congrats. Seriously considering buying one of these. Which wood did you choose?

Coffeechiro

#1025: Post by Coffeechiro »

Is that walnut burl wood? It's beautiful

John49

#1026: Post by John49 »

Looks like olive burl.

seanlam1234

#1027: Post by seanlam1234 »

Starguru wrote:Congrats. Seriously considering buying one of these. Which wood did you choose?
olive burl :-)

AlexanderD

#1028: Post by AlexanderD »

Burl Walnut

Starguru

#1029: Post by Starguru »

Ive read this entire thread, and seen discussion around the various accessories for the CT2. Admittedly I didn't internalize all 1000+ posts I've seen. Im unsure if there is preference between the Streitman dosing funnel, and the Sworksdesign funnel adapter. Other than one of those, are there any other accessories that provide a tangible benefit? Also, folks seem to like the Streitman distributor tool, but it seems like the thinking is it doesn't really help the quality of coffee?

Im pretty sure Im going to order a CT2 in the next few days, and I want to know what accessories to order as well.

Marcje

#1030: Post by Marcje »

Happened to be at the Strietman workshop with an Italian friend last week and took some pics.
We were served an espresso out of this combination... nice color of this CT2 :-)