User Experience: Flair Espresso Manual Lever - Page 100

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Fisher

#991: Post by Fisher »

Stephane_Paris

#992: Post by Stephane_Paris »

vit wrote:Is that "Easy clean PF" or Bottomless PF ? I checked my bottomless PF, perforation seems to be the same like on your photos, but bottom metal part / join with cylindrical part seems to be different

Any response from Flair ?
Yes, they proposed 20 % off if i order a new Bottomless 2-in-1 Portafilter,. as i have to pay 23 $ for shipping it will cost more then 40 $ for a fragile part who break.. i give up for that.. :?
LMWDP #588.

Yan

#993: Post by Yan »

vit wrote: Tried various doses/grinds with Feldgrind, Lido 3 and even Ditting in nearby store (140mm flat) using similar "classical" pressure profile/duration that I think was on their commercial Rancilio machine (no preinfusion, probably some kind of flow restrictor, constant pressure, total duration around 25s). It turned out that Feldgrind isn't really at the same level as Lido (as I believed so far), although even Lido 3 isn't dedicated espresso grinder. With Lido I actually got reasonably close to the taste I liked in that cafe and this was one of the measurements (point was however on the temperature / preparation and not exact duration). With Feldgrind, smaller doses (around 10g) quickly overextract after something like 1:1.5, while bigger dose (13-14g)/coarser grind didn't come near desired taste either although I actually managed to get around 1:3 with coarser grind without overextraction

Thinking about buying Kinu in the near future ...
I am from Lido 3 to Kinu Travel, yes kinu with total 250 micro steps (5 rotation, 10 macro step, 5 micro step) much easier to fine tuning the grind size, using the regular dose 15-16gr, the bathroom scale :D also cheaper solution to control the pressure normally i press 6 bar 10 second after 10 second preinfuseon and 9-10 bar till end 30s...

vit

#994: Post by vit replying to Yan »

Thanx

Can you describe the taste differences between Lido and Kinu traveler on Flair (and what kind of coffee / roast used) ? More / less taste separation / rounded / better flavor / whatever comes to your mind ?

I didn't decide yet, I'm not really in the hurry to buy a new grinder, as Lido performs a kind of satisfactory with Flair and coffees I'm using - it will be probably before next summer / vacation, as Lido is a bit too big to carry around for me at least. About Kinu I have some concerns that I don't end up with much better built / more compact / easier to use / nicer looking, but not much taste difference, due to similar burr size, at least on the Flair which isn't really at the same level as bigger / more expensive machines (although indeed very good value for the money)

Yan

#995: Post by Yan »

vit wrote:Thanx

Can you describe the taste differences between Lido and Kinu traveler on Flair (and what kind of coffee / roast used) ? More / less taste separation / rounded / better flavor / whatever comes to your mind ?

I didn't decide yet, I'm not really in the hurry to buy a new grinder, as Lido performs a kind of satisfactory with Flair and coffees I'm using - it will be probably before next summer / vacation, as Lido is a bit too big to carry around for me at least. About Kinu I have some concerns that I don't end up with much better built / more compact / easier to use / nicer looking, but not much taste difference, due to similar burr size, at least on the Flair which isn't really at the same level as bigger / more expensive machines (although indeed very good value for the money)
I am using mostly light roasting same as my pour over, my m47 travel has more sweetness, rounded and complex compare to Lido 3 and especially more easy to fine tuning the total times.

I never had a very good results with the Lido 3, sometimes too bitter, sometimes too sour, with kinu only takes 2-3 shot to get the good results and it repeatable easily....especially when I used the bathroom scale to get more consistent results....

Already sold the Lido 3 and use Apex for my pour over...

varxx

#996: Post by varxx »

Sorry if this is already asked. I'm not able to search the forums right now.

The piston in my Flair Classic got wedged sideways in the cylinder due to my not paying careful attention. It's really stuck. How can I safely remove it, please? I didn't want to damage it, the gasket or the cylinder itself.

Thank you.

varxx

#997: Post by varxx »

Solved. I put the whole assembly in the freezer for a few minutes, then the cylinder had contracted enough that the piston came out. I've got another, related problem now, but I'll post that in a different thread.

YeetSkeeterson

#998: Post by YeetSkeeterson »

Well, looks like the Flair Pro 2 is out... Wish I would've waited (or at least known) of its upcoming release.

drgary
Team HB

#999: Post by drgary »

I have concluded the Flair Signature PRO review, which now includes a rating. That review is now open for comments.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

madrian

#1000: Post by madrian »

Hi all,

What's the exact diameter of the Flair Classic tamper? I got information, that it is 39.6mm?