User Experience: Flair Espresso Manual Lever - Page 89

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
naked-portafilter
Sponsor

Postby naked-portafilter » Jan 06, 2019, 5:35 am

I'm looking forward to your detailed explanation. In my first year of study I only had mathematics, micro- and macroreconomics etc. I appreciate your effort.

JohnHue

Postby JohnHue » Jan 07, 2019, 4:29 am

Short update on the PRO "snapping" issue : Sergio has found that the issue is related to the Piston Stem (black plastic part with the manometer attached to it), and does not concern all PRO models. This has been confirmed by him making tests on another afflicted machines which had been sent back to him. I have absolutely no information as to how widespread the issue is but this is not an isolated case, of that I am sure.

I will be receiving working parts shortly (I'm in Switzerland so it may still take a week or so) but I'm sure Intact Idea did good work and that the issue is solved on their side. Will post before/after videos on the google photo album as soon as I have time to do so.

EDIT see a few posts below, Flair sent a replacement notice.

Fisher

Postby Fisher » Jan 10, 2019, 4:28 pm

dmw010 wrote:I got the pressure gauge kit for my Classic (Kickstarter) Flair, and I also noticed the piston "stuttering" at a couple of points its travel, needing more force to keep it moving. I did try a small amount of Dow 111 on the o-rings, but didn't notice much difference. I consulted with Sergio and he said not to use lubricant but to keep using the piston and it should get smoother. Anyone else having a similar experience with the pressure gauge/Classic combo?

My pressure kit gauge & piston (from Gabor) works very smoothly on my (original) Flair. (Never lubricated.)

dmw010

Postby dmw010 » replying to Fisher » Jan 10, 2019, 4:38 pm

Good to hear, but Gabor's kit is different from the new Flair kit (and twice as expensive). The Flair pressure kit is working much better now after more use, so it's all good!

Fisher

Postby Fisher » replying to dmw010 » Jan 10, 2019, 8:35 pm

Glad all is now well. (Got mine just before Flair put theirs on the market. ☺️ No regrets at all.)

JohnHue

Postby JohnHue » Jan 12, 2019, 7:43 am

Hi there, just wanted to point out I recieved a "defect and replacement notice" by email, which was apparently sent to all flair owner with a device afflicted with this issue. There are instructions as to how to get the replacement parts and the program runs from January 14th and March 1st, 2019. If you have been gifted a Flair you might not have recieved this email so hit up the good friend who bough it :p