User Experience: Flair Espresso Manual Lever - Page 74

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
naked-portafilter
Sponsor

Postby naked-portafilter » Jul 11, 2018, 5:20 pm

Here you are:

vit

Postby vit » Jul 12, 2018, 2:03 am

Thanks

So it was 20.3kg for 7.4 bar somewhere at the begining of extraction (0:23 of the video) if I see correctly. And 22.3 kg for 9bar several seconds later. About 40-50% more force for the same pressure than I measured back then. However, I was holding the lever at the very end, maybe that's one of the reasons I measured less force needed, in addition of not having very good scale

Can you make one more video where we can see the angle of the lever and the force at the same time and post just a photo of the diagram at the end?

naked-portafilter
Sponsor

Postby naked-portafilter » Jul 12, 2018, 5:34 pm

vit wrote:Can you make one more video where we can see the angle of the lever and the force at the same time and post just a photo of the diagram at the end?

Holiday first :-).

Today we had another toy to play with :-)

schneckerl

Postby schneckerl » Jul 13, 2018, 10:04 am

Incidentally had a closer look at my piston. Should I be worried and change?

happycat

Postby happycat » replying to schneckerl » Jul 13, 2018, 10:44 pm

That is disturbing. Is it caused by the angle of the piston when you crank down on the lever?

Did you use any chemicals on it or boil it before use?

Sheer plus some kind of weakening....
LMWDP #603

schneckerl

Postby schneckerl » Yesterday, 6:02 am

I never use anything else than water, and there's no treason to boil the plastic piston.

I thought the O-Ring should prevent the piston from excessive rub in the cylinder.

Have been brewing ca. 2 coffees per day since beginning of last november.

vit

Postby vit » Yesterday, 10:29 am

So at the end, correcting the angle of PF base with a shim as I mentioned wasn't a bad idea ...
Ayway, I suppose this shouldn't affect functionality.

schneckerl

Postby schneckerl » Yesterday, 10:47 am

I'm not worried about functionality, more about whether I'll risk scratching the cylinder with this.

happycat

Postby happycat » replying to schneckerl » Yesterday, 11:00 am

I doubt it

I think someone in an early batch of flairs said something wasn't completely round and had to be replaced so the pistons travelled smoothly. Not sure if that applies to you.
LMWDP #603

vit

Postby vit » Yesterday, 11:26 am

I think no danger of scratching the steel. However, loose pieces of plastics could damage the seal, but spare seals are not expensive